Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first time here...I thought I'd kick it off and make a post.

I just recently installed the ProCom CDI. The CDI increases the Rev limit by 1000rpm in forward gears and eliminates the rev limit in reverse. It also bypasses the speed limiter while in 4WD-Lock. The speedometer will read beyond 22MPH (no more holding that overide button to go faster than 22MPH with no speedometer reading). Also, the timing curves are slightly advaced to gain a little power. I can't notice an increase in acceleration but it does have stock intake and exhaust. Best thing is I picked it up for $75 new. Anyone familiar with any of the other CDI's and their features?

·
Registered
141 Posts
where did you get that?

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
welcome 06 lets see some pic's of your machine

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Welcome 06GrizzSE, congrats on the new grizz! I have heard a lot about these CDI's lately and the reviews are mixed? Have you read the rules of this site? If you want to stay, you must post some pics of your grizz! LOL. Welcome aboard, it's a great place to be..............Irv

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have the big gun cdi paid 199.99 other than more topend rpm i can not tell any diffrence..

·
Registered
382 Posts
Welcome 06! cant help with the info you're looking for...the only mod I've done yet is to add the OE A arm and bash plates (still saving to put three kids thru colledge)....how much time and effort to install your mod? its def one I'm interested in performing.

PS dont belive nothin Countrygrizz & Dawn tells you about me...them two Okies stick together! :)

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
great nizzzz,,, might have one of them kids your putting thur college help you spell it out,,,,,, oh,,, i bet it was a typing mistake, right,,,,, lol,,, ,,,, ,,,, ,,,, ,,,,, cg

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry guys, no pics yet. I have some on a digital camera and I will have them on the computer and uploaded soon. I bought the CDI from the local dealer. Heinen's Osseo, MN. They are selling them on ebay. Installation takes just a couple minutes. (One screw that hold the CDI in place and three connectors.) Its located under the seat next to the fuses.

·
Registered
382 Posts
what you talking bout CG i gots my own colledge edgeukation...I have a PHD...as a matter of fact I got it last summer...its a degree in Post Hole Diggin heh heh heh

·
Registered
382 Posts
since CG aint posted no cool pics lately figured I stick this one up, note the blatant display of improper safety riding practices by underage riding and a clear violation of more than one rider at a time rule. to further complicate the matter the camera man was more than likely partaking in some form of alcholic beverage and promoting this alledged behavoir.

not sure if these are CG's kids or mine?!?!?!?

heh heh heh heh :)

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
good thing you took the key out be for the pic thay look ready to rip it up!

·
Registered
54 Posts
06griz; did you check to see if it does override the claims it makes. I bought the Procom and it didn't bypass anything. I never noticed any power gains either and I have a dynojet,Prodesign K&N,and a full HMF. The only thing I noticed it did was raise the rev limmiter a bit. The only way you can notice is if you are in low range because I haven't rode a Griz that can hit the limmiter in high range.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Like I said, "eliminates the rev limit in reverse. It also bypasses the speed limiter while in 4WD-Lock. The speedometer will read beyond 22MPH (no more holding that overide button to go faster than 22MPH with no speedometer reading)." If you lived closer I'd let you take it for a spin and see for yourself.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Maybe the older ones didn't have the override. I had done the overrides already but I was hoping for a change in power. BTW how do you like your XTR's. I got the 27" on the 12" rims and like them alot.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I love the XTR's. They are only the 25" tires but it a vast improvement it traction and handling not to mention looks. I originally bought them for when I had my Kodiak 450 and mounted them on the stock wheels. I later bought the black 12" C7's and mounted the XTR's on those but the offset wasn't right for the Kodiak. The lowest prices I found on ITP wheels and tires is on this website below.

http://www.worldwideperformance1.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here it is since some of you had asked.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Great looking quad 06GrizzSE, thanks for sharing. Now we need some ridng pics, I guess it will be a while with all that snow before we can see some mudding pics?.........Irv

1 - 20 of 45 Posts