Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like most of you I knocked my floorboard on a rock and the 4 bolt holes broke out of the plastic. Not wanting to replace the entire floor board I repaired it using a 2 part mix, quickset glue. As expected it broke again a while later.
Then I found this Q-Bond (Local South African Crazy Glue on Steriods!)

It comes in a box containing 4 containers, one with 15ml of Super Glue, one 5ml Super Glue, One of Black Powder and One of Grey Powder.

On the Floorboard, I turned it upside down, made sure it was cleaned and sanded in the breaks. First you pour Black powder onto the joints and then put a few drops of the glue on the powder. IN 30 SECONDS its hard enough to drill or file or sandpaper! It actually builds up the platic by the amount of Powder you put on. I then did all 4 holes from both sides and WOW the plastic floorboard is now far stronger thant it was originaly!!

Do you have a local equivalent to this stuff in the USA?
Have you used it?

This is a must have for the toolbox on the trail!!

The Grey Powder is for Metal!!

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Man that sounds like some awesome stuff. Never really heard of or used anthing quite like that around here.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I did a quick search but all I found was large concrete style bags of powder called Q-Bond used for strengthening walls and securing tiles and a product called High-Q-Bond which seems to be some kind of dental resin cement for dentures, bridges, etc...

If you have a link online, let us know.

Jim

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry no web page on the product, I did a search on local sites too, with no luck!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Stonemanrip,

A Small kit containing: 4 containers, one with 15ml of Super Glue, one 5ml Super Glue, One of Black Powder and One of Grey Powder.

Sell's here for R67.95 abour USA $10

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello Beast, thankyou. Where is it manufactured at? What do you think the postage is between Johannesburg and area code 63901 Southeast Missouri USA? If I haven't broken any plastic on my Grizzley yet, but the last time I broke plastic I used a product we call Gorilla Snot for slang the real name is 3m rubber adheisve. The problem with the Gorilla Snot is it's messy, and leaves a ugly yellowish brown residue. I also use a product called JB Weld, comes in two tubes one an epoxy and the other is a hardner. If I knew the weight I could probably figure postage. I see you post alot on this site and you seem to be very enthuiastic about riding your grizzly. Well take care. I've landed in Southern Africa back in 86, but only long enough to take a wiz and get back on the plane. Thanks for the reply. Chuck

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Stonemanrip,

The dimensions are 60mm X 52mm X 95mm cardboard box
Weight would be about 50g

The stuff seems to be made locally by a REALLY SMALL manufacturor called Q-Bond. (no web etc)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts