Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been given a new set of front shocks for the Raptor 700 (he put on Elka's)

My front shock are "tired"

Do you think I can use the raptor shocks?
The fittings and length seem the same??

Can I cause damage by trying??

any input/experience please!!!

Facts:

Raptor weight 396lbs, shocks 9.1" , 5 preload settings

Grizzly weight 600lbs, shocks 7.1" , 5 preload settings

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
The weight would be my biggest concern Beast, they may bolt right up and all but I have a feeling they would be quite a bit softer and probably wouldn't last very long? But then again they may work like a charm?......Irv

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
hi beast the numbers are similar grizz 5km-233350-20-00 rap 153-233350-00-00 if the dimentions are the same i would give it a go, after the places you've been with your bike i'll bet it would feel like a new machine my $.o2 bob

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to give it a go!
I hope I don't go over the bars on a fast corner!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Please let us know how they work cause i want to do the same thing. I think they will be a little firmer but they are also pre-load adjustable to be able to work out ride height issues. I want to lower my griz 1" and firm up the shocks so I can jump without bottoming out. I hope all is good for you, especially with the cost of the investment.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Beast. I just put Yfz 450 shocks on my Grizz and love them. They were 1 inch longer but went on easy and did not lift it much. The ride is a little better then stock shocks with High lifter springs. I ride it fairly hard and do not bottom them when jumping.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Raptor 700 front shocks won't fit the grizz! the 2" longer makes it impossible to fit!! we tried last night, but gave up!

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
beast you might as well throw them on ebay

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bobmmor, Thanks, I just gave them back to my buddy who owns the Raptor (he gave them to me no charge)

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
On the Raptor there is a front lowering kit that extends the lower front shock mount out a couple inches. I don't have a Griz to look at, but is it possible to do something like that?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts