Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I use a black permanent marker for the small scratches and dings.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I have heard of guys using truck bed liner paint, I am not sure if it comes in small amounts or if these guys are painting their whole racks though? A permanent maker sounds like a good idea, I have used one on my sled bumper. Probably Tremclad woule be my second choice if I couldn't get the bedliner paint?.........Irv

·
Registered
339 Posts
I use a paint with textured finish and has blended very well. Although I'm not a fanatic about my quad looking good.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Scratches are like beauty marks. Without them all you have is a trailer queen.

·
Registered
81 Posts
hahahaha if your repainting your racks and you put ur grizz through **** like i do with my suzuki then DONT use paint it doesnt work and WILL get scratched up faster than you get stay hello. i've repainted my suzuki racks but its all scratched up again and looks horrible. my racks are scratched, chips, cracks and chunks missing from the fenders, bottom of rear fenders they are about 1/2 inch from touching the tires. personally i would go with zolotone if i was going to repaint the racks on my uki only because i can have some zolotone here at home. visit atvnation.com and some of them people have used the truck bed liner stuff on their racks and they seem to like it. if you got only a few small scratches i'd use a permanent marker, but if your rakcs are totally scratched to **** like mine and you use your racks to wrap chains to hook up to when trail riding and just yard work then i'd put some truck bed liner stuff on it. it will protect it WAY WAY WAY more than paint. just my .02

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
tremclad high heat paint. works great.

·
Registered
144 Posts
There is good urathane bed liner material with a catalist. Many brands availible. I have used Morten brand to line my utility trailer. One pint with hardner will run around $35 and would do at least 6 racks. It takes a blow gun aplicator to apply, around $35.
Proper prep such as sanding and priming with an apoxy primer are strongly recomended. You would have to add that to the cost. If properly done would be much harder and resiliant than the original finish.

Then there is non-catalized urathane bedliner availible at automotive parts shops like Schucks. Won't get as hard or be resistant to liquids like gas, but half the price and easier to apply.

The other option would be to prep your self and take the racks to a business that does the spray in bed liners like Rino liner or LineX (RECOMENDED)

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
What works really good for small dings is those paint pens for touching up paint on cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts