Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have to buy some ramps,. have put this off for a while and not sure what to buy so hoping for some help. I have the 660 Grizzly, have a Chevy Silverado Z71 4X4 Truck with a 6' bed and I weigh 300 lbs so want something safe.

Although I dont flip over the price this is what I am thinking about, has the length, can still slide under wheeler and has the weight capacity.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0032542521707a&navCount=2&podId=0032542&parentId=cat20155&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat21412&catalogCode=IF&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20155&hasJS=true

Any other sugestions?

Also should add, live in NW pa so will be loading in the snow often

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have these ramps...

http://www.mooseutilities.com/products.jsp?action=Q&product_group_id=2141&category_id=976&&colors=&details=Y

they are real sturdy and very easy to use and store. all you do is fold it in half and it fits right underneath your wheeler in the bed of your truck.

·
Registered
462 Posts
i use 2 2x12's with the aluminum ends,,,i weigh 195 lbs,and have a 2004 F-250 4x4,and have had no problems

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I use 7 foot arched galvanized ramps, they fold in the middle and I think they are rated for 700lbs each? They came with tie down straps that you hook to the bumper of your truck and the ramp itself. I also drive a 97 Z-71 short box pick-up. I like the ramps and I certainly wouldn't settle for anything shorter, these work great for me and the arch takes away some of the steepness. Good Luck........Irv

·
Registered
270 Posts
I bought the ramp tops for $19 at Home Depot or Lowes. They bolt onto whatever length 2x8 planks you want. I have 6 foot boards with these on the ends. I've loaded quads, tractors, anything... no problems and you can't beat the price.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=21705-000000543-07001&lpage=none

Jim

·
Registered
462 Posts
thats the ends i put on 2x12's

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Personally I would stay away from wooden ramps! They can get pretty slippery with wet muddy tires or wet ramps. My dad and I had to help a guy load his quad just awhile ago, he was out by himself and was having quite a time loading his quad . Even with dad and I helping it was still tricky, I thought for sure he was going to slip off half way up! I showed him my ramps and he said he was trying to save a buck but I mentioned to him how much a broken leg or wrecked quad or worse would cost. He said thanks and said he was going to get some ramps like mine. Just my 2 cents.......Irv

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Hey guys,
Before I bought the tri fold I used the wooden planks with the aluminum ends. I took some plywood and cut 1 inch strips and screwed them on like a ladder. It was a lot better than trying to go up icy boards.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts