Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to see what everyone was doing for a rear bumper. Not sure that I really need one being that when we ride I'm the one pulling or pushing others out. I've seen a Kimpex rear bumper, but other than it, no others.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Moose Utilties makes some great looking bumpers for the Grizzly. Check out this link and you can see what my '05 Grizzly looks like. They had one w/ both bumpers set up at the dealership I shopped at and I fell victim to the advertising. I think they look wicked good on my Grizz. Hope this helps.

http://grizzlyinfo.com/viewtopic.php?t=316

·
Registered
701 Posts
Once I read "wicked" I knew it was a new englander :) Personally I see no need for a rear bumper. A stronger front one yes, but I'll never be travelling quick enough in reverst to justify a bumper there. I'm also not too crazy on the Moose bumpers looks but thats me. I'm also for keeping my Grizz as light as possible, to me it's uneeded weight.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Doolin64 if you had a wife like mine who tends not to pay attention to the person in front of her then you would atleast find one need for a rear bumper...LOL She still is my best riding partner though :)

Check out PRM they make what looks like a bigger version of a grab bar/bumper for the Grizzly. I have been thinking of the Kimpex but am going to give a look at the Moose one here quick.

Mike

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have the Kimpex rear bumper and would not be without it. I have been tapped a couple of times from people riding behind me. It has also saved me a couple of times when backing up into trees and when you get into a hairy situation on a hillside you can park against a tree to hold your machine on the hill. About the only time I put my quad in park is when I am trailering it. Another feature is it gives you something to get ahold of back there to push or pull. It is kind of like insurance, mess up a $100 bumper or $300 plastic, muffler, or brake light?

As far as the front goes I have the Yamaha/Warn steel bumper cover on and it is cracked from taking hits. Although it is a little expensive I will probably try one from http://www.silverbackatv.com/index2.html He has been working on this product for awhile and just recently got his website up. It seems to be a good front bumper.

·
Registered
31 Posts
if i were you i would buy the kimpex because the wrinke finsh paint on the bumper matches the racks and it will keep your rear end from gettin tore up.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hey Spence...really digging up some old posts there!

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
This is a Yamaha brand bumper I got from the dealer. Looks good, wrinkle finish and easy to install. Don't imagine it's as strong as the Kimpex though. Paid about $155 canadian.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
o5grizz i just installed a desert grab bar from pmr-atv.com it is perfect for my needs looks good is strong and light.if you go to hoopharted's profile pic you can see what it looks like.mine is alittle higher cuz i have no mud guards yet,it should save my tail light if needed.only $69. plus little shipping.good luck. bob m

·
Registered
50 Posts
bobmmor,

It looks like the grab bar is only attached by hose clamps,is that correct?
If so, does it seem strong enough?
I've been looking these for a couple years, but never ran across anyone who had one.

·
Registered
462 Posts
its on there solid,there are two curved brackets that curve around the frame,and the hose clamps are on

to be honost you do not want something thats going to handle a large hit because something has to give,if your bumper doesnt,then your frame will,,its a relitivly inexpensive replacable part that can prevent frame damage

there not designed to be crash proof,there designed to absorb the inpact before something major,and to keep the bike from coming all the way back incase your wheely gets out of hand

if they wanted it to be crash proof,they wouldnt make it out of aluminum

·
Registered
50 Posts
bobmmor,

Great, sounds like they'll be fine. I was looking for them to just be used to pick up the back end and handle an occasional love tap.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Check this one out from Yamaha Canada. I don't seem them on the American sight so maybe you have to get them from a Canadian supplier. My buddy has one installed on his machine and really likes it. It is real beefy and stops you from going over backwards when doing a wheelie on flat ground.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just got my yamaha rear bumper today,I had to wait for a month, man is yamaha slow. When I put it on I can't lift it up like addicted2mud has his because the bolts that hold it onto the frame hit the under seat storage compartment. Has enybody else had this problem?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the shorty style silver yamaha rear bumper and I think they are junk. I even had a sticker made for it that say's "do not pull with bumper".If you were to get hit from behind I think it would push over to one side or the other.I shop around!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts