·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any suggestions on new rear shocks ????

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is the dampening gone or is it just the springs? If it is just the springs you could put spacers under the spring. How old are your HL springs?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
springs are less than a year.the dampening is gone

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I have almost made my decision after looking at all the different shocks I am going to go with Works shocks. So far res in rear and no res in front just not sure I want to spend that all at once thinking of doing just the rear frist and see how that goes. Had a pair of non res in the front of my Banshee and loved them.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much are they and were to get them...thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
When I phoned Elka, They said for trail riding you should get the rebound dampening shocks for the rear but not for the front. The remote resovoirs can be added after if you want.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am working with works eng department now ..thanks to all

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here is the quote I got from Elka.....
FRONT SUSPENSION (pair)

Recreational: Pair non-adjustable with piggyback reservoir:
Dual rate spring set up with self-sagging device: $715.00 Us

Recreational: Pair non-adjustable non-reservoir:
Dual rate spring set up with self-sagging device : $470.00 Us

Sport & Racing: Pair fully adjustable (compression and rebound), in piggyback reservoir:Dual rate spring set up with self-sagging device: $1070.00 Us

Sport & Racing: Pair adjustable in compression only, in piggyback reservoir:
Dual rate spring set up with self-sagging device: $865.00 Us

Elite Series: Pair fully adjustable (Hi/Lo compression & rebound) , in piggyback reservoir:
Dual rate spring set up with self-sagging device: $1425.00 Us

Elite Series: Pair adjustable in Hi/Lo compression only, in piggyback reservoir:
Dual rate spring set up with self-sagging device: $1215.00 Us

REAR SUSPENSION (pair)
“Most of our rear shocks offer more wheel travel than the stock units”.
The rear shocks are fully adjustable (compression and rebound) in a remote reservoir.

Recreational: Dual rate rear shock with self-sagging device(rebound only): $820.00 Us

Sport & Racing: Dual rate rear shock with a self-sagging device: $1070.00 Us

Elite Series: Dual rate spring set up with self-sagging device: $1425.00 Us

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
works AT-Steeler 350 final load spring DRS w/adjustable preload ...379.00 plus shipping

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
I have Works Performance shocks on my Grizzly and love 'em. Cost me about $700 for all four about two years ago. Includes dual-rate springs with adjustable preload and the ARS spring rate adjustment lever. Love 'em.

Rob

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ordered

·
Registered
34 Posts
Rob, do the works help for jumping? I know this thing ain't no YFZ, but I'd like to be able to jump around 5 ft, flat land. Now I feel like I have to check the frame for cracks every time I hit a little jump. The rears aren't too bad, but the fronts bottom very easily. Sometimes I forget I'm not on a sport machine.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
I wouldn't know about jumping, since I don't jump... but I would guess that with the preload turned up, it would handle it just fine.

When you order the shocks, they ask you for details about your weight, your riding style, and so on, so they can valve the shocks properly and choose the right springs.

Rob

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
to my suprise i was on the phone with them for 2 hours ,he had me take measurements , itook my weights from my weight bench and loaded on my grizzly took more measurements, works made me feel like i was buying a million dollar car ..out of all the people i have ordered from they by far are the top

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i got the shocks yesterday...instaled them last night ....for all the people who love there grizzly as much as i do , do yourself a favor and get a set ..i changed the rear only .. machine hooks up totaly diffrent than before and is as smooth as a cadilac...i am very well pleased ...front ones on order now...(wife not very happy)lol

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
I thought you were selling it. If you keep spending the money you won't be able to afford to sell it. lol . If you don't mind me askin' , how much $$$$? (for the shocks only- not the quad) Nice to hear that service is top notch, it says alot about the product.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the auction ended ..i did relist to see what happened..the shocks were 379.00..service was the best i ever had ..if you call works ask for sandy ( a guy) ext 38 full of knowlege..

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Glad to hear you like them so much, have any pics? have not yet diceded what I want to do yet but from the way you talked about it that little bit makes me want to give him a call and have a chat :)

Mike

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
here they are

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
another

1 - 20 of 24 Posts