Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

Rear Sway Bar

5K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  starky 
#1 ·
Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone here has yet removed it and how do they like it without it. How much articulation do you gain, and is it worth it?

#4 ·
The one thing you'll notice with it gone is its tendency to lean a little more in the corners, but you get used to it fairly quickly. It's not a tippy feeling; it just leans a bit more.

BTW, I run my shocks on #4 up front and #3 in back (with #5 being stiffest).

Rob

#5 ·
Me and my wife just sold our Honda Ranchers and decided to buy the Grizzly. Most of our ridding so far has been in Ozark MO in the past. We have grown to like the rock crawling and technical size of ridding, so most of our ridding is slow going. When we do hit the more open trail ridding speeds are not really often over 30 or 35mph. Wife is not really into ridding to fast. Don't ride much in the winter so when the weather breaks I will be trying it without the sway bar, sounds like a good thing. So far Im am at the factory settings on the shocks and weigh about 190.

#6 ·
You'll want to up the shock settings as the miles add up because the stock shocks will soften. The Grizz is already tippy to begin with, and tightening up the shocks helps quite a bit in addition to losing the swaybar.

Rob

#7 ·
Well just removed the swaybar in both Grizzly's. Now I just have to wait for a decent day to try it out. All the trails where I ride are still closed (WI).

#9 ·
The only thing you get is more body lean in the conners. Just have to use a little more body english when driving hard into a corner. So far that is the only down side of removing it as I know of.

#10 ·
This is an old post so nowthat it has been a while do you still like the set-up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.