Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 3 months ago the left inner tie rod came apart from the knuckle, Lucky I was going slow. Called Yamaha they said they never seen that before. Parts were replaced under warranty. This past week the right inner tie rod did the same thing, Again lucky I was going slow. Brought the bike to the dealer I called Yamaha and told them I didn't want the bike back until they fixed this problem correctly. Someone could get hurt badly, got a call back saying that last Friday they came out with a Recall to repair this problem. I don't know if it's only 05 or older. If you own a Kodiak 450 you should call.

Good luck and safe riding to all...

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Thanks little kodie, i will have to tell my dad for sure! What dealer do you deal with up Toronto way? Do you have any other details just in case my dealer doesn't know this yet?.......Irv

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Irv, Call Yamaha at 416-498-1911 ask for customer service give them the serial number. They told me that a letter has been sent out to all involved. My dealer didn't know until he phoned Yamaha. If I get any more info I will let you know. My bike will have to stay in the shop until the new parts get in, I hope it will be only another week. Better to be safe then sorry.

Next week "Tindy and I get our 26" Mudlites with c-series rims. I will post some pictures so you can see what the Kodiak looks like with them on.

Irv how does your dad like his Kodiak?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Thanks little kodie, my dad likes it quite a bit! He doesn't have a whole lot of miles on it yet but so far so good! My wife really enjoyed the ride i took her on to Buketon and Baldy(test hill)I think she is itching to get back out again? Thanks for the number, i will give it to my dad so he can see if his bike is affected?.......Irv

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
my wife again with the young lad

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Irv did your Father get his recall notice yet. It says certain 05 models Bruin 350 , Kodiak 400, 450 and 450SE, Mine is still in the shop waiting for parts. My dad called Yamaha and they said by next Tuesday it should be done.

Nice pictures Irv.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
My Father hasn't recieved anything yet but i was talking to me dealer yesterday and they said that all the notices should be mailed out by Monday, Tuesday? They don't have any parts yet either? Hopefully it won't be too long of a wait? Take care and thanks for the info........Irv

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey I would like to thank everyone who brought this up. Where I live in Alaska there are numerous 05-06 Kodiaks, my girlfriends included. Nobody had recieved a notice on the recall until I saw it on this site and then brought it to the attention of the Kodiak owners and the local dealership. So for the past month all of the Kodiaks in the area have made their trip to get the work done. I just want to say how much I appreciate there are sites like this that people are able to share such great information and advice. Thanks again.

Chris

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Don't get to happy yet Foxguy, my fathers Kodiak still hasn't been fixed! I was asking the dealer on week-end when they were going to get around to it. The parts guy informed me that Yamaha came out with an update but it didn't work? I guess they are back at the drawing board now? I am going to give them a call tomorrow and see if they know anything new?.......Irv

·
Registered
37 Posts
Huh, well that sucks, thanks for the info. If you could post something about what Yamaha will do and update me that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Irv is your Fathers Kodiak in the shop? If so how long has it been there? No way should it take this long to fix a safety recall.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
My Dads Kodiak hasn't been to the shop yet, when the recall came out my dealer was waiting a long time to get the recall parts and by the time they did get them Yamaha pulled them back. I don't know how long the wait will be this time? Hopefully they can give me some new info today? I will let you know what they say............Irv

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Went to the shop today and came out $500.00 bucks poorer(is that a word?)I bought some used 589's and type 4 wheels. Anyways, the parts guy said Yamaha has not come out with their updated update? Still no word on when that will be he said?......Irv

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My Father called the dealer today, They have done about 20 Kodiak recalls. He never heard anything about the parts being updated.

Irv are the 589's for the Kodiak or the Grizz?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Thanks for the update little Kodie, What dealership does your dad deal with? I am really starting to question the professionalism and knowledge of my dealer? They just don't seem to have it together and I have heard of a few complaints from others around here. The tires are for the Grizz........Irv

·
Registered
65 Posts
Irv the dealers name is Markham Mower located in Markham Ontario. Go to the Yamaha web site under dealer locator to get all the info. They are about 20 min to a 1/2 hour from Oshawa. Or even better call Yamaha customer service.

Trust me you don't want the tie rod coming apart while driving.

Hope to see you on the trails this spring.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Thanks Tindy, I will have to give them a call today and see what they have to say about them. My dad hasn't been on it this winter and probably won't be for a while yet? The dealer told me to keep an eye on the boots and make sure they are not torn? Is that a good way to check and see if they are ok?.......Irv

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Well my dad got his second re-call notice in the mail today. The first re-call parts were no good either so they had to go back to the drawin board? The dealer doesn't have the parts yet so who knows when he will get it looked after?...Irv

1 - 18 of 18 Posts