Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subject: Grizzly 660 2002

Greetings I have purchased a 2002 Grizzly 660 (new in 2002) I have 900 km on it and not able to ride due to constant over heating. The rad is clean and fluid fresh, at slow speeds and woring it overheats. I have read info that there was a recall about this, (fairings and heat sheilding) but am having no luck here in Canada of getting any type of help from Yamaha Canada or the dealship. They claim they will sell me the parts to fix this , but some people say it is a Yamaha recall??????Can anyone help!!!!!Thanks Pete Olson

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Hey peter, welcome to the forum. It is a recall and i don't believe you have to be the orriginal owner to get the parts. It's just the side pannels and a heat shield for your tank and maybe fuel line.
Hopefully someone else will chime in that has first hand knowledge on this.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The recall you are talking about is for the boiling gas problem where there was sputtering and vapor lock. Not for a general engine overheating problem.

Check your radiator and make sure it is full. I got a stick through the lower radiator hose and didn't know it. I checked the overflow resevoir and it was full so I thought I was ok with fluid. It wasn't until I had already ordered the sending unit and took everything apart to replace it that I realized the fluid was too low to turn the fan on that I found the issue. You have to remove the front rack and hood to get to the radiator cap. I'd try that first then if OK, I would make sure the fan is working. Clean the radiator... AGAIN! If all that is OK, I'll have to look into my manual some more to see the next steps.

Jim

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi All, Well thanks very much, The problem is solved, according to my Yamaha Dealer, (for some reason Yamaha Canada will not tlak to me????) claims that due to a change over, they did not receive the Up dates from Yamaha.....Ok, to make a long story short, I have new side panels, all the updates for gas and heat shielding.....well I guess you never know what will happen unless yo yell a little. I am happy that Yamaha has "done right" and will continue to purchase Yamaha Products. Thaks again, PEter

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Good news Peter, glad you got them. Glad to hear i made the right choice purchasing a Yamaha as well......Irv

1 - 5 of 5 Posts