I have done it many times but I can't tell you for certain how to do it but I will give it a try.
Pull front rack (6 bolts)
Pull front hood (2 plastic fasteners)
Pull tank cover (2 plastic fasteners, 2 bolts, & 1 gas cap)
Pull air box lid
1) 1 screw takes shut off knob off
2) remove gas line from petcock
3) 2 bolts in rear of tank & two in front. The two in front have bushings so keep an eye out for them. You can reach the two in front with a long extension with socket down thru from the top.
4) remove sensor wire to tank (?)
Pull white cover under tank
1) unhook wire bundle tucked in on left side
2) unhook sensor wire from cover that travels to a senson on engine
3) remove vent lines that run through cover
4) remove white cover - being careful of your crankcase breather tube that runs through the cover.
Don't know if that is complete because it is from memory. I will be doing the removal this week for a valve adjustment myself so maybe I'll take some notes.
pop the seat,,,remove the side covers,,,,remove gas cap,,,,the gas tank cover then simply "pop's" off,,,,,the plastic piece around the speedo,if you pull it back,you will see a hole through the plastic,and a bolt beneath the hole,,take a 10 mm socket,with a long extension,and remove the bolt,repeat for the other side,,,remove the 2 bolts at the rear of the tank,,,,then turn the petcock to the off position,and with a phillups screw driver,down the center of the petcock positiner,remove the screw,and the petcock positioner (left side of bike that has "on","res",and "off")will come off,,,,next take the hose off the bottom of the tank,,,and the wire on the top of the tank(gas gauge)(take a flat head screw driver,and push it out until you can wiggle it loose),,,,thats it
A forum community dedicated to Yamaha Grizzly owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Open to all Grizzly models including 700, 660, 600, 350, and 125.