Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the proud owner of a new 2006 Grizzly and have some miles on it already. Tires still ok but getting down there in the tread. I read on here some are not too fond of the stock tires it came with. Looking for some input into some good all around replacements before I have to go out shopping. They will be used mostly in desert dirt and forest service roads in the mountains with some occasional rocks. Not much sand or mud out here where I ride. Any input would be most welcome.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
grizzf if you go to the 660 theads there is lot of differant tire info and input everyone has there favs . welome aboard

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Unless you are into very serious mudding, the best by far is the Maxxis Bighorn Radial. Expensive, but worth every cent! Not only do you get a great 6ply tyre, but you get plush new suspention too cause its a radial tyre!

http://www.atvonlinemagazine.com/atv_tire_wheel_machine_review/tire_wheel/evaluation_25_bighorns.html

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I wouldn't do without by Bighorns !

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Grizflogger you want a 6-ply tire. The stock tire is 4 ply and has a very soft sidewall which adds to the tippieness of the stock Grizzly. For your type of riding go with what looks good to you and what fits your budget. On some brands the 26" tire has a deeper and more agressive lug than the 25" tire. If you go with a 26" tire you can get away without installing a clutch kit, but if you go with 27" or bigger you will definately need a clutch kit.
A lot of guys are sticking with the 25" (stock) size and are perfectly happy with them. There is nothing wrong with the stock rims but aftermarket rims will give you a little wider stance. Good for stability.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
grizzflogger,

If you want to save some cash, use the standard rim with spacers!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts