Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope I am not repeating this subject again, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Anyway, I don't know the name of the kit. It's a replacement for the 4 tires
of the ATV. You can install a snow kit (4 of them) like the one used in the snowmobile. I need some info about it, websites that have it, what is it called...

Thx guys.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
ADboivin, kimpex are a couple of others, I don't know there web-sites though.....Irv

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
eli my friend down street put the on his rino it goes everywhere it's very slow. the kits where a grand apiece x4 ouch!!

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Elie, I have a set of ADboivin tracks and they are simply awsome and so far I have only used the rear set. Check out my oictures. I paid about $2,800 for the set but I think they are closer to $3,500 now.
The MatTracks are geared lower and cut your top speed and gas milage in half. Mine are equivilant to a 24" tire and my top speed with just the rear tracks is about 60 mph on the speedo.
I'll post a LOT more info on them when I go home in February.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Here is a picture with some tracked up Grizzlies.

Here is their web site.

http://www.atvtrackkit.com/

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. You are a great source of information.!

My main purpose for this kit is winter time. In my country, we have 3 to 4 months of snow. So I don't know if it is worth to buy such kit for a little time, especially that in the region where I live, it snows once or twice a year. So we travel for one hour to ride in snow areas.
And keeping the kit installed all year, I don't think it's practical.

I already have 25" mudzilla. I was riding last weekend in areas where snowmobiles were riding, with no problem at all. ...ok, ok, I got stuck once, but after all, we have atvs not snowmobile !!

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
We have a lot of snow in North Dakota, well, most years anyway. I didn't want to buy a snowmobile and have it sit during the summer. With the tracks I can have the best of both worlds.
Also, during the summer I can keep the tracks on just the back and keep the Grizzly in 2-wheel drive and still use 4-wheel drive if I get into something deep.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Doo thanks for the site tip will put it on favorite when i get to my own compr.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts