Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got to install the Big Gun Rev Box I ordered a week ago. I hadn't noticed anything out of the ordinary from it yet, besides maybe a lil' more bottom end. It is readily lifting the front end off of the ground from a dead stop without tryin'. But it might have been doin' that already! I had'nt got a chance to stretch it out on a long road yet, but I'll take it to the country roads and trails tuesday. I'll keep y'all informed of the test results!

·
Registered
462 Posts
please do,,,ive read mixed reviews on these whichamigiger's,and at one time i was very interested in them,but what ive read was so mixed,i decided to forgo that mod

some say they noticed a differance,,,some say it was a waste of money

·
Registered
93 Posts
From what I can gather from other forums the CDI box does not give u any other benefit other than 1,000 rpm more unless you ALLREADY have other major mods like 686 big bore kit, high compression piston etc. I did read on one site selling a CDI a warning saying by itself you would not see any significant gains on a 4 stroke engine. If retailer is saying this I doubt if the box is worth the monet with other major mods.

I installed an EPI clutch kit a couple of weeks back and this does really make a noticeable difference. I have 27" Mudlights and now the front lifts off the ground in Low, and in High I can accelerate quicker from a standing start than a non modified Grizz, after about 50m the unmodified Grizz does catch up and edges in front. The EPI clutch is well worth the cost even as I had to have it sent from the US as I could not get one here in Europe.

I would like to get some more power and am thinking of a new exhaust - anyone have experience of one that actually makes a big enough difference to justify the cost of having one shipped from the US.

·
Registered
30 Posts
so how is that rev box? I have just about every mod done to my bike including 686 big bore and I want a little more bottom end, got plenty of top end!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
i agree,the clutch kit was definatly worth the money,,,,,i too was unable to yard the wheels up anymore after the wheel kit,and the lift kit,,,,with the clutch kit,pro air,rejet,and the slip on,i can get them off in high gear

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hoo, I need to get more low end power to the wheels, have been looking at the Bomb 800 but it is just not worth the money, inferior build quality, rubbish visco loc - just does not work quick enough if you are doing technical rock crawling just does not work quick enough. Even motor does not have as much power as all the hype would have you beleive.
How was the upgrade exhaust, air filter and rejet was the rejet fairly painless or did you get it right after a few plug checks. Getting stuff for the Grizz here is a nightmare so i get all shipped from US and would like to get the best bang for my buck straight off. So any input from someone that already has stuff on Grizz is greatly appreciated. By the way we do not have problems here with having to keep the Db's of the exhaust down, so I do not mind a bit more noise as long as I have some more low down grunt!
All the best David

·
Registered
462 Posts
i love the Dubach pipe,and between it,the rejetting,the K&N pro air system w/flange,and drilling the air box i regained alot of power,id say everything i lost from the big foot kit,and then some

the rejetting was kind of a pain,,,,i think i had the carb off,and on about 8 times total which intails tank removal,and to be honost it was irritating

i think i used 6 plugs when trying to get the mixture right,and ended up with 10 uni vents in the airbox lid

if you want more power,these mods will deliver it,,,its the best way to get more ponys,without getting into the internals of the engine,,,,myself,im saving the 686 kit for when i need ie. when it starts getting tired,using oil,burning oil,ect

im not a big fan of going into a perfectly fine running motor to get horsepower,i'd rather wait until it actually needs to be workred on

same thing with my truck,,,,i have a 2004 F-250,i gained better horse power,while at the same time getting more mpg by simply installing a Gibson Catback exaust system,and a K&N Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I know a lot of guys use the HMF pipe as well, I guess you can get it with the quiet core if wanted? Another trick a lot of guys do is drill holes in the end of their baffle inside the pipe. Take off your end cap(3 allen bolts) and drill about 6 to 12 holes depending on your bit size(it has to be a long bit)This is suppose to help bring the Grizz to life when used with a TPI kit for your air box lid. I haven't did any of these mods myself, just thought I would pass this info on........Irv

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the HMF pipe and it with 162.5 rejet is all you need to do! I didn't want to drill or cut holes in my airbox and honestly, I don't think I need to. I have the UNI foam filter as the air upgrade, and I run with the brute forces and praries (700s) down here in LA. Yeah it's loud, but I like that! The quiet core is not included with the pipe, but I ordered one for when I sneak around in the rear of the subdivision I live in. The HMF gives you MAX gain and even with the $20 quiet core, the price cannot be beat. Oops! Almost forgot to tell you that the aluminum canister on my baby looks mean!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Osmax12,,,,,i cant put my finger on it (nor do i want to),but theres something seriously disturbing about your avitar

·
Registered
462 Posts
now everyone else,,,,,you can let a sigh of relief out,because now you all know it wasnt just you,,,,,because i know all of you were thinking the same thing ROFL!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No No, that's a pic of the silencer core of the exhaust that I run-settle down, now....take it easy!

·
Registered
462 Posts
ROFL!!!! im just having some fun with ya,,,,i couldnt resist

1 - 13 of 13 Posts