Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question. Why is my reverse light on dash blinking when my bike is in park and warming up on the first start

·
Registered
270 Posts
Mine does this too sometimes, especially if you rev the engine during the warm up period. The owners manual says it will blink to indicate that the speed sensor circuit needs to be looked at by a Yamaha dealer. I figured the revving of the engine maybe fools the computer to think the quad is moving and it isnt regisitering any speed? In any rate, I just shut it off and restart the quad and it seems to be fine. I have never had a problem with it and I just let it warm up now before I try to ride and or/rev the engine at all and I never get it anymore.

Now that I adjusted the valves, the quad starts right up and idles great with the choke so I dont have to manually hold the throttle in anymore and it doesnt happen unless I try to move it cold.

Jim

·
Registered
339 Posts
Ah you have realized the value of a valve adjustment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I noticed the same red flashing reverse lamp.Always during warm up.I would say its normal operation.Since the computer uses this lamp circuit to alert the driver of an issue,its possible the computer is running a self test,much like a flashing ABS in car at start up or key on engine off.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have never seen this happen. It would make be tend to believe that there is a electrical issue luming somewhere. Do you give it throttle while starting it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes it did do it when a small amount of throttle was applied.The wierd thing is i have not seen it again.Mine is brand new,less than 5 hours on it.Hard to believe its an electrical issue,but its possible.Ill make sure I mention it at its first service.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Sounds like a rev limiter warning of some kind at start-up. I have never had to give any gas at start-up with my Grizz just choke it and hit the button and it fires up enen in sub-freezing temps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
yes it is blinking because it is sensing the engine is reving up and you r are not ganning speed it will go out after you let it sit while running or as soon as you put it in gear and take off. this is normal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts