Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to disconect,or bypass the reverse rev-limiter on a 05 grizzly.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Go to grizzhopper.com Gary knows Grizzlies inside out. He has diagrams, pictures and instructions on how to do this mod as well many others.....Irv

·
Registered
462 Posts
also try

http://www.silverbearatvs.com/revor.htm

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Yea I tried too Smooth? Guy's over at highlifter said his site was down as well? Maybe he is doing upgrades or something? He has everything you need to do these type of mods. Pictures, instructions, diagrams etc. If you are not in a hurry I would wait to check it out before going at it in the dark?.......Irv

·
Registered
462 Posts
try the link i posted,,,,,you didnt find it helpful?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got on grizzhopper.com and did what he said,wow was that an easy fix.HooPharted that other web site didn't really help me,but thanks anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Go to High Lifter Magazine. There is an article with pictures that shows you how to do it. In short, you disconnect the white wire with the green stripe on the left side under the seat. Take a piece of 12 or 14 guage wire and put a male bullet connector on one end and a fork connector on the other. Plug your male into the Griz female conector and ground the short wire to the frame or engine.
That's all there is to it, you just ground that wire to the frame. If you go on Ebay for $20 you can get the pre assembled .10 piece of wire and the instructions I just gave you.

·
Registered
462 Posts
your right smooth,that site is better

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yea Grizzhopper is the Man!!!! He helped me to get the correct parts to do my over ride on my 03. The 03's did not have any over ride button like they do now so I had to install my own switch. I have one switch that triggers a relay to over ride my difflock and reverse with one switch. I don't use it very often but sure is nice to have when needed.

·
Registered
462 Posts
question,,,,when doing the bypass,,,that eliminates the override all together,,,correct,,,,as if there was never a override at all,,,,correct?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes,or I hooked mine into the 4 wheel drive overide button.

·
Registered
462 Posts
i aint doing any work on mine until the weather gets warm again unless it absolutly needs it

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
This is all you need to get around the reverse rev limiter.
6" of 14 guage wire, a male bullet connecter and a fork connector.
There is a green and white wire that runs along the left side under the seat. Disconnect the bullet connector and tuck the male end back into the wiring harness. Connect the male end of your wire into the female connector. Then connect the forked end to any good grounding point.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Starky..does your reverse indicator light work?

·
Registered
462 Posts
thanx Starky,,,,i bookmarked the page that explained it but havnt read it yet,,,,if its that simple,then i will do it before spring,,,,maybe tomorrow

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
i did mine a couple of months ago ,before then when i got stuck in the deep goey stuff she couldn't spin the tires. with the bypass all is good just have to put with the reverse light not turning on anymore.

·
Registered
462 Posts
to be honost,my reverse light has been intermidant since it was new,sometimes it comes on,sometimes i have to jiggle the shifter,,,,i dont even worry about it anymore

i do like the idea of having all of the power in reverse for the slop,,,i think i'll do that tomorrow,,,,suppose to be warm

·
Registered
462 Posts
oh yea,,,cool name

the only thing is,for some reason i cant get that Robert Palmer song out of my head,lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts