Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

Riding Photos!

5K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  marine 
#1 ·
I went riding in the mountains in tennessee where I grew up and ran into a really nice bunch of guys and they took several photos and emailed some of them to me. I thought I would post some of them up for yall. I am planning on going back to the same place this monday and should have lots more photos for you!!

Let me know what ya think!!

I was the only one that made it this far as there was a REALLY nasty spot right before this where its a drop off on one side about 100' and you go onto 2 tires across it sideways...In the photo I made it to the cave (above my atv) and I had backed down and was trying to turn around (Here i have the front tire up in the air and am sitting on the back corner of the seat for balance. The picture is very deceving as it doesn't look to steep but I asure you it was VERY steep and the rocks kept making the front end come up.

#3 ·
Yet another

Here i am letting out some air as the rocks where beating me to death!! I was running 6Psi in the fronts and I took them down to 3psi for the rocky creek bead. By the way whoever said that the tranny will fill with water if you go up to the rack is wrong...as I had mine in water to the rack and it never missed a beat!! I didn't hit it fast just put it in low and crawled through it...MAN I had a blast!!!! Tommorrow will be just as fun

#7 ·
I just got in last night (sunday) and got everything unloaded from the truck...MAN it was cold!!!

Y'all are going to LOVE one of the photos that was taken of the grizzly pulling out a stuck jeep from the mud!!

I hooked up to it and then attached the winch to a tree and began to winch/pull that jeep out of frozen mud. He had bottomed out on his front chunck. There was already a honda 450 trying to pull the jeep out and was just spinning so I didn't even try to pull I just attached the winch and found that the winch was bogging down and not moving (warn 2.5ci) so I had to lock the diff and put it in 4x4 low and when I gave it gas the jeep poped up out of the hole. Anyway, I will have those photos hopefully tonight when I get in.

#9 ·
Can't wait to see the pic of the jeep Marine. Did the guy on the honda say anything to you after you pulled the jeep out? he he

#10 ·
LOL, all he said was I tried to push on the rear and also tried pulling from the front. When I get the photo up you will see that I ended up stratling a frozen rut and had it not been that I had IRS and 26" mudlites I to would have been sitting high centered...honestly though it had nothing to do with the fact that it was yamaha or honda it was just that the honda had a SRA and no winch...

I was riding my mother around that day as my wife had to work and my mom was working the camera. When we started back off down the trail she asked me what would he have done had we not shown up? I honestly don't know as it was 14-20 degrees and that jeep and ATv was the ONLY other thing I saw on the mtn that day and we rode for 3+ hours monday...the poor guy didn't have big tires either and the ground was frozen LOL....

I won't forget the look in his face when a guy on an ATV pulls up and asks if he needed any help. I am sure he was thinking "yeah another jeep with a winch would be nice"...Thank goodness Yamaha had that get a winch for $69 as I would not have been able to afford the warn 2.5ci right off...

MAN i love riding!!!! (its almost as good as sex!)

#15 ·
Marine,

Awesome pictures and that says something about the "Grizzly" when the machine can pull out a Jeep. Even using the combination of the winch and locking the front diff, I'de love to see the look on the Jeep owner's face when the Grizzly yanked him out! Priceless! Way to go..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.