Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three of us went for a ride the other evening, put on about 75 miles, we did manage to see our first whitetail fawn with doe cross the road as we were taking a break, no bigger than a small dog right now, we saw sandhill cranes, several deer, and several turtles I took a few pictures of one turtle that was lating eggs along side of the road. We have been seeing bear on some rides and moose tracks in the area, but have not sighted one yet.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
laying eggs

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
another view

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
snowmobile bridge

·
Registered
701 Posts
75 miles HOLY MACKERAL...my Grizz would have run out of gas. My guage was showing empty the other day after 37 miles. Great pics btw.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Great pics, looks like a nice riding area! doolin64, you can't necessarily go by your gauge, mine is the same. Not very accurate, i was down to the last bar and thought i better be heading back, but when i had a look see, it was still at least half full? I have heard you can't judge a ride by your gauge. The norm i hear is about 100 miles give or take?....Irv

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think alot also depends on the type of riding. I can get about 25-30 miles of rough, rock climbing and difficult terrain. I'm sure at a medium pace, with a flat trail, I could easily double or triple that.

Nice pics. I think half the fun of riding is what we get to see.

Jim

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By my gps I get about 20 to 23 miles per gallon on the long rides where we can cruise about 30 mph or there abouts, in the woods slow running its probably more like 15 to 17, if lots of low range etc its probably less than that.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Nice looking pictures dannyk. Looks like it was a good ride for the day.

Mike

·
Registered
95 Posts
Looks alot like the area in northern Minnasota I rode in last Oct. Great part of the country. I'm headed back there this weekend but doubt I'll get to ride. Its kind of a suprise, me showing up, and its only for the weekend.

I agree with grizzly nj, the pleasure has alot to do with the friends and enviorment.

pease all

Scott

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Great pics DK!

I find the country and company the best part of my hunts and rides.

Cheers Noel

1 - 13 of 13 Posts