Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any leads out there on who has or manufactures roll cages for griz? I want to be able to put a sun roof on mine for summer driving thats dosent look too goofy.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I have never heard of roll cages on any quads until I seen your pic above, It looks like a decent job but is it home made? You may want to do a Google search and see what you can come up with. Good Luck........Irv

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
i don't think it's a roll cage. i believe it's for transporting a canoe.

·
Registered
462 Posts
ROFL!!!!!!!!!! i'd be laughed out of the hills of West Virginia!!!!!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
also that guy is gonna have some serious issues if he rolls it,and stays on the bike,,,,that monstrocity is mounted to the front,and rear racks,,,,,i can see that trap folding right down on his head

·
Registered
137 Posts
It's not a roll cage. It is to transport your canoe in and out of the bush. It says on the sticker that it doesn't provide any roll over protection.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
In some European countries it's mandatory to have a roll bar on your ATV so they aren't all that uncommon. I'm sure if you do a search for ATV roll bars you'll find somebody that makes them.

As far as the canoe carrier goes, you thought the Grizzly was tippy before, WOW.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was wondering what that rod was on the cage...makes sense now. i use my griz for driving around town on an island in the caribbean with s....y roads so not so worried about lookin like a dork offroading in the woods. but when in the tropics there is nothing like shade!
I will see if I can f/o address for this canoe thing. I dosent make sense to put a cage on a quad so I would assume noone makes them. google confirmed that

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I would check something like Tractor Supply Company if all you are looking for is a sun shade. They make them for open air tractors and it would probably work pretty well.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
http://www.mytscstore.com/detail.asp?pcID=5&paID=1047&sonID=769&productID=2617

Take a look at this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
now thats 'dorky'!! plus i would rip it off by the roots when i hit 40 on the staright stretch

ill take the above pic and retro fit a plastic roof.

·
Registered
462 Posts
just get a unbrella hat,and glue it to your helmet if all you want is shade

1 - 13 of 13 Posts