Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it the nature of a big lug tire such as 26 in. Mudlite to wobble and feel bouncy on smooth surface? (around 18-25 m.p.h.)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Mudlites are usually smoother than most other big lug tires such as Gators/mud bugs etc.... My 26' Gator are a bit rough at low speed

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
My bighorn radials get wobbly above 35 mph but below that they're super smooth. I'm gonna try spin-balancing 'em (like you would a car tire) to see if that cures the problem.

I would imagine the same would be true of other big-lug tires, though for the record my old Blackwater XTs (27") never had that problem.

Rob

·
Registered
341 Posts
I agree with RobG and try and get them balanced. My 26" Mudlites ride great and there is no wobble whatsoever at any speeds. I have heard of other Mudlite owners who have had out of balance issues with them but nothing that a good spin balancer wouldn't cure.

·
Registered
339 Posts
My Mud Lites run smooth through out any speed. What pressure do you have in them? I found that the best ride and performance for me is at 4.25 to 5 psi on my 26" Lites.

Rob, When we put the Bighorns on my brothers Eiger it had quite a bad shake to it once you got over 30 mph but at slower speeds there was no problem. I questioned the distributor and he went back to Maxxis with the problem and they replaced the tires. All I had to do was cut out the date stamp from the sidewall of the bad tires and send them in to the distributor to show proof of ownership. This also insures Maxxis that these tires can't be sold to anyone else, so I have 4 like new Bighorns with holes in the sidewalls setting in the barn.

Jim

·
Registered
339 Posts
No these were not blems, I have not and will never purchase a "blem" tire. Maxxis was reimbursing the distributor for the tires because they new they had some bad tires out there when they first came out. I have bought a few sets of tires and some other miscellaneous stuff from this place, ATV Outfitters, and they are very good to work with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have 28" outlaws and they smooth out at around 15mph I only run these when I am going to play in the mud.
My mud bugs are smooth around 10mph.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have 26" Bighorns and couldn't be happier. Great tire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts