Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been running out of ideas for things to do to the ole Grizz,,,,,so i have been thinking for a few days,,,,,first thing i have to install the snorkle kit i already have (its just been too cold,and it looks somewhat involved)

so i went and bought some ground effect lighting that i am going to mount underneath so it glows Green on the ground underneath the bike,,,lol,,,freinds told me i need to find a twelve step program or something

ive also been toying with the idea of a stereo,,,ive actually got alot of the game plan for it worked out,,,,exterior speakers,,,,,and i have a stock radio that i took out of my work van,,,its alot thinner than it looks in the dash,,,,that would go in the trunk area with a on/off swith excessable without lifting the seat,,,,,and i can get a retractable antenna from a junk yard,and mount it up under the hood,,,,,it would only really be used when we stop to take a break,and have a couple beer's

and the only other thing i could think of would be a novalty horn,,,,ive been looking,and looking for a horn that sounds like a growl (either a bear or something that would pass as one),but no such luck yet,,,,would be cool to pop the wheels up,and have the bike growl at all of the Polaris's in the yard,,,hehehehe

looks like no work tomorrow,,,snowing pretty heavy,already got 4 inchs in about 2 hours,,,,later

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Admitting you have a problem is the first step so you're well on your way to recovery.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Hoo,

would be cool to pop the wheels up,and have the bike growl at all of the Polaris's in the yard,,,hehehehe

I like your thinking.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
137 Posts
Running out of stuff to do. Come on your not trying hard enough. Lets rip the jug off, bore it to 686, stuff a high compression piston in it, install a hot cams cam(best mods I did by far), get the head polished, and throw some nitrous on just for fun. Then if that isn't enough tear the engine out, send it to Hauck performance to get it punched and stroked to 800 brute force eating cc's. If you live in a warmer climate then the highlifter rad kit would be a good idea with the high comp piston and a must if you do the 800.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll wait til it needs a top end rebuild before i get into that Sparky,,,for right now its fine in the power department,,,,besides that grocery list sounds pricey,,,,,i still have a gun habit to feed too,,,lol

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nitrous is absolutly horible for engines

·
Registered
137 Posts
Not if you have it set up properly. I have a frind with a stock 03 mustang that has close to 150,000 hard kilometers with a 100 hp shot. At one point we would race everyweekend while shifting at 6000 rpmfor three or four runs and this thing keeps going. If you don't add enough fuel you can kill an engine but if you know what is going on and you have everything setup as it should be, it will last.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts