Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to purchase a Orange Florescent safety flag when i take my young lad out and was wondering if there is a law or a general rule on which side the flag should be mounted on the rear of the quad? I am thinking the left side when seated especially going down the trails but i could be wrong? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated........Irv

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
you will probably want to get a second opinion on this but I'm pretty sure it doesnt matter as long as it isnt upside down,,,,,,have fun,,,,,, ,,, ,, cg

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I've never seen any type of rule or law, even where flags are required, that requires the flag to be mounted on any one side or the other.
It seems that most quads that come with a monting hole already attached to the rack or grab bar have it mounted on the right side.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Hi Irv,

I ride with a flag all the time, the Griz has the "hole" for the flag on the right, on the rear rack.
I suspect that that is where it is suposed to be.

Piece of Advice though, get a "Pop It" flag pole, like the YAMAHA one, saves it breaking when you dive in thick bush!!!

I am sure the flag has saved me getting into a head on crash at least 10 times by now!! (hills and long grass, and dunes)

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, i mounted it on my dads Kodiak when the wife and i were out riding yesterday.I put it on the right side where the hole is. I will have to fab a bracket up now for mine as the rear seat covers the factory hole. I was just wondering if there was a law or something that stated where it had to go?..Irv

·
Registered
270 Posts
aaaaahhhh, flag smlag.... live dangerously... ride 50 mph at night with the headlights off!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts