Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just come back from a Bike and QUad show, and I saw a set of 12X7 OMF Beadlock rims on a Bombardier 800, wow, with Bighorns it looks great. This Quad is currently racing Nationals in South Africa and will compete at the Paris to Dakar at the end of the year.

http://www.omfperformance.com/pg1003.pdf

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the full racing Outlander 800

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
beast forgive my ignorance here.i know how important bead locks are on d bikes.is there a concern as far as 4x4 go .thanks bob m

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bobmmor, to quote the OMF website..

http://www.omfperformance.com/beadlocks.htm

WHAT IS A BEADLOCK?

Simply put, a beadlock is a mechanical fastening device that literally clamps the tire's bead onto the wheel rim. Once this is done, it is nearly impossible for the tire to become unseated from the rim, otherwise known as "de-beading." De-beading is a common problem for a wheel without a beadlock that is subjected to hard cornering forces or impacts from big-jump landings--when the tire can simply peel itself from the rim, causing a sudden loss of pressure and possible loss of control.

Even off-road and cross-country riders can benefit from beadlocks: should the tire go flat from a puncture or sidewall cut, it will remain in place and not de-bead.

Our Beadlock Wheels are available in 12", 11", 10", 9" & 8" sizes. The 12" is the most common choice for owners of late model 4x4 ATV's and are used both in front and rear. Many offsets and bolt patterns are available. Finishes include anodized red, blue, black or polished aluminum

IF YOU RIDE HARD/FAST a beadlock helps. It also helps against knocks and bumps, it is very strong rim. we all run the risk of de-beading when we get a sidewall cut! it also stops grass/stones/twigs from damaging the tyre bead!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Those are sweet Beast, did you get any prices? The more I see those bighorns the more I like them. Thanks for the pics and web-site Beast...........Irv

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Irv those OMF Beadlocks are about US $250 each (wich is the primary reason I still do not own a pair) the ITP type 4 or 6 Beadlocks are about $180 each!

ksgrizz06, you must hear the bomb when they fire it up, man it sounds like a Porsche or a Ferrari that has been finely tuned!!

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
thanks for the info beast .when i think of bead locks im in the old dirt bike days when the b locks kept the wheele from spinning in the tire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts