Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if you guys have put dielectric grease on all of you electrical connections and how do you take off/get apart the front servo plugs on the front diff? Do they just pull apart or is there any squeeze tabs etc that releases them? I don't want to bugger them up! It is an 05 Grizz S.E. Thanks in advance......Irv

·
Registered
339 Posts
At least one of them has locking tabs on that you will need to separate, they are not easy to get off. Take your tire off, use plenty of light and blow the dirt off of them so you can see it well then take your time and they will come apart. I keep dielectric grrease on most all of my connections and in my spark plug boot.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dknard, i did mine this afternoon and they weren't to hard at all. I just had to push the top tab of the inner upper one and the tab on the outer one and out they came? Mind you my quad isn't that old yet and i keep it pretty clean so that may of had something to do with it? But there was only 1 tab on each of mine that you had to push down and that was it. I packed them real good with dielectric grease and squeezed them back together and wiped up the excess. How often does this need to be done? Is once good enough?....Irv

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
[No message]

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
When ever I take any thing off the Grizz (ie..plastic) that I gain acess to a plug I usally clean it off and put some dielectic greese in the plug. When I checked the valves I did a few under the dash one day I might get them all..lol

As to how often well really can't say all depends on if you drive in the mud or water alot. My 4x4 servo I am just going to make a habit to check each time or every other time I change the oil, other than that think it would be good.

Mike

·
Registered
339 Posts
Once a year I do the valves and while I have everything apart pull connectors to grease them up. Although I have never done any around the CDI unit.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did all mine under the hood so to speak, Just took off the rack and went at it. There must have been 12 to 15 connections under there! I was amazed at the amount dirt/dust that had already accumulated inside those connections. I sprayed/blew them out good with contact cleaner and put a good amount of dielectric grease in there and squished them back together. I don't know how many i have left now? Is it a good idea to do your fuses under the seat? I have yet to do the battery but that is coming tomorrow. I had to cut my service short as my Father and son wanted to go riding, My arm didn't have to be twisted at all..........Irv

1 - 7 of 7 Posts