Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mrs. Starky was kind enough to send me a picture showing me that my Grizzly is hard at work. She couldn't use her Grizzly because it hag the Swisher bucket on it.
I'm going through withdrawls and she get to play with 2 Grizzlies. It's just not fare.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
good pic starky,,,,,,,,I have tried to use mine with the yard sweeper but seemed like it tore the grass up when I would turn,,,,, but sure works good when fixin fence,,,,, save a ton of walking,,,,later,,,cg

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Good to see your missus has a sense of humour Starky. What's this I hear about you not liking Vegimite. Man that stuff is awesome on hot toast and heaps of butter (not to much Vegimite though). Give it another go mate 20 million aussies can't be wrong :)

Cheers Noel

P.S. Starky, what breed of bow do you shoot?

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CG, she did say that it tore up the grass so she quit using it.

Yes Interceptor, 20 million Aussies are dead wrong. I would rather eat the sludge out of a duck pond. For anyone who hasn't tried vegemite you have to find some. If I'm not mistaken, vegimite is the crap that is left over when they make beer. And you all know how bad aussie beer is. Just kiddin on the beer.

I hunt with a Golden Eagle, Splitfire and my target bow is a Golden Eagle, Double Eagle. The Splitfire has an angled handle so your hand is in a more natural position instead of straight up and down. It makes it easier to hold at full draw for a longer time without getting the shakes.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a message from Mrs. Starky. I told her to sign up so she could post her own stuff but in the mean time I'll do it for her.

She's pretty new to ATVs. Before we bought the Grizzly we had a Honda 300 Fourtrax that she rode around the yard once in a great while. Now she is off trail riding. It just goes to show how versatile the Grizzly is. Of course I'm preaching to the choir here.

i love the Grizzly 660 - yes, it's fun to go for a ride, but i use it on the farm more than anything. recently i put the sprayer on the back rack, learned how to connect the wires to a cigarette lighter (to connect to the grizzly), and now am working hard at "ND Chemical Warfare". we've had soooooo much rain and muggy weather for many weeks, the mosquitos and flies are real bad! this ATV goes anywhere, over anything, and thru the coolie (water) to get rid of these pests. i've also helped do this on a friends place, too. it takes no time at all to get the job done. (my sprayer has a 15 foot wand on it, not a boom. so i can link the wand to the front rack, lock the wand on, and just drive around the yard in circles. or when necessary, hand hold the wand away or get off and get into areas you can't drive.)

last year and (will be again this year too), i've moved alot of gravel/dirt in horse and emu pens with a drop bucket attached to the winch. also use it in cleaning pens. no more double hauling onto a trailer and then off into the pile, or getting tired out with the wheel barrow. and of course, i plowed some snow with it this past winter. i do recommend adding a 'plug in' (heater) for these northern winter temperatures. i got it running a couple of times, and flooded it, too. when you need it in -10 below or colder, it needs to be warmed up somehow, or you'll just be sitting under the snow until spring.

it's a great machine and i'm looking forward to go trail riding with Doug when he gets home. i think this can be a great new hobby for me (the trail riding stuff). right now, it's just me and the dogs going for a ride in the ditches, or travel to MN and ride with my brother. oh...... recently my brother took me to a gravel pit. oh my........ scarey or what..... i even went down a steep bank twice. that's enough for me! i just needed to know i could do it if necessary. i'll take the 'baby hills', please, and thank you very much!!!!!

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
lady starky,,,,,, sounds like your putting the grizz to good work, I use mine everyday for work also,,, more than I thought I would,,,, but just wanted to tell you that with the spray tank on the back rack to watch when riding on any slopes,,,, a guy from the town i live by was spraying some weeds at a hog farm about a month ago went off a slope and when the liquid in the tank shifted it rolled over on him and killed him,,,,, probably a one in a million things but something to be aware of,,,,,other than that the grizz almost makes work fun,,,,almost,,,,,,,,,,,,cg

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks CG, good safety tip. I'll make sure she reads this.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Starky / Mrs. Starky,

Good post, Glad to see you are getting plenty of use out of these most versatile machines. I use mine at the archery club that friends and I are rebuilding makes moving gear around a breeze.

CG, thats a good tip mate.

Cheers Noel

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Noel, do you guys have 3-d shoots down under.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Speaking of "down under", who decided which end of the universe is UP.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Yeah Starky,

We have 3D shoots. It is not as big here as it seems in the States, the clubs seem to struggle to make the dollars to keep the targets up to standard. It is great fun though, The Gladstone club I was a member of hold The Australian Longbow and Recurve Muster every year (around 110 shooters from Australia, New Zealand and I think last year a French couple). It is all Trad gear wood arrows, real feathers etc and no compounds, the distances are shoot and the fun level is high. It is one of the best shoots I have ever attended.

On the UP thing, not to sure mate but I suspect it was someone in the Northern hemisphere?

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello All!

countrygrizz - thanx for the tip - a good one.

it's another 'buggy' day out there. i went out to 'check things out on the farm'. spraying our place is one of the first things i have to do today along with regular chores. (it's been awhile) then, i'm going to go visit some friends (non-ATV friends).

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to the forums, but you won't be a true member until you come up with an original avatar (the little picture under your name).

Now I suppose I have to watch what i say in here.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
By the way, that is a great signature.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts