Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend and I just got back from Arkansas where we spent 4 days riding the National Forest Trails at Moccasin Gap, Mill Creek, & Huckleberry Mountain.
We averaged about 60 miles/day. It was Great !!!!
If any of you are within striking distance of these places I highly advise checking them out. The trails are well marked, the scenery is beautiful, and the terrain is diverse.

As fine as these places are, the real reason the trip was so great is my new Grizzly. This thing is awesome !! I can't believe how nimble it is through the woods, how much power it has at any RPM, and finally just how comfortable it is on all day rides like we were doing. It's unreal.

I bought my first atv in 1987, a brand spanking new Warrior, and I've had sport/race quads ever since. I always thought that a "utility" quad would be cumbersome, slow, and boring. I stand corrected. This ain't your grandpa's atv.
This thing rocks! One other thing I noticed that was different than any sport atv I've ever owned, I can bust through mud and water and still be fairly clean and dry at the end of the day. Try that on a Raptor :)

I know I'm preaching to the Choir here, cause I'm sure all of you already know what I just learned. I just wanted to share my first impression of this awesome machine with people who can appreciate it.
Of all the quads I've owned, I can tell already that this one is going to be my favorite. Later.....

·
Registered
341 Posts
Iffus,

I owned my Grizzly for almost one and a half years now and it still amazes me. Compared to my other machines, it was like night and day. Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'm still waiting to stretch my legs on the trails! I got to open her up a bit on the ice last weekend. But thats not the same as the trails. It looks like I'll hit my 20 hour service before it sees a trail :(

·
Registered
341 Posts
Koko,

You missed another great ride this past weekend. We started out in Holland, hit trails in Brimfiled and Wales, then into Union Ct, made our way back into Holland and did 32 miles round trip. Was an awesome ride, my first time riding there and the trails remind me of Pittsfield State Forest.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Great news Iffus, i just bought a new one a few weeks ago and have only ridden it once so far, can't wait for the snow to melt and hit those trails my self, letters like yours just get me cranked to put some real miles on mine! Hearing your story and how impressed you are after riding a lot of quads makes me feel good knowing that i picked the best ATV for my first ever quad!...Irv

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes Irv, you got it right the first time. You're gonna absolutely love this machine. It's got it ALL. ride safe and have fun......holler, iffus :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts