Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the fronts in the middle cause at the highest setting, the front end would push into corners and was very unstable. I set the rears on the highest to lessen body roll and cause the suspension doesn't preload as much when I do long wheelies. Plus I like to power slide around corners and the firm rear end helps.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I have mine set at 4 all round, it helped take body roll out of it when cornering and it provides a smoother ride with out making it harsher. I weigh 185lbs and I like it a lot at the 4th setting. I may try the 5th or highest setting soon just to see if there is a difference? I am just dreading adjusting the rear shocks again! Pain in the "A" double "S"....Irv

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Have min all around on the lowest setting (softest). Do mostly techinal riding so im looking for the softest and the most travel in the suspension I can get. Even when I ride on the trails my speed never really excedes 30 mph and it still works good for me. When I go riding its usally me and my wife and she really does not to like to go to fast so we just cruise around. Used to have my Raptor when I felt the need and would head out to the track but recently sold that so have to see what happens, I might end up bumping them up a notch.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have no clue where my shocks are set and I don't know why!

When I put my xtreme lift on I remember turning them a notch softer so if I was to make a guess I would day they are on the second softest setting. The madr the thing real stiff.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Mine are set at 3 in the fro9nt and 4 in the back and I run 4 1/2 pounds of air in the tires. That's just what works for me.
I also adjust them according to the type of riding I'm going to be doing and what kind of load I'm carrying.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Mines 5 in the back and 4 in front. I have to keep turning them up to keep the same ride. I can forsee getting Highlifter coils in my future if they keep sagging. I like a firm ride, lots of higer speed rough trails, drag races and wheelies, that is until the swamps thaw out.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I set my front to #4 (I find I have better steering control at speed on a rough surface)

I set my rear to #3 ( it stops my arsehole from ramming between my eyes!!!)

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
That would cause you to have a pretty shitty outlook on life.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had my set to the second setting; however, I found the front-end too soft. I run the front at a four. The back is at the stock setting because I have never been able to get the things to budge.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Just raise your quad up Ernest, take the wheels off, spray a good lube around the base of the shock and the shock ramp and twist real hard with a good pair of Channel locks or similar. They are a bee-atch to do but well worth it in my opinion.........Irv

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am set at 3 in the front and 4 in the rear. After riding it like that a couple of times I have decided to set them to the stiffest settings. I used to race a YFZ so I tend to ride a little hard, and probably jump the Grizz a little to much. At the current settings I bottom out if not being careful. Just depends the kind of riding you are going to be doing and your riding style Coach.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Fox guy, try #4 in front and #3 in rear first, before you go to the hardest settings. I had mine on the hardest settings when my axles kept popping and it was ****!! I ride very hard too!!

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Try different tire preasures too. If your tires have too much air in them it will magnify the feeling from the bumps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Highest setting in front & rear. I ride my Grizz like I stole it & it has to be a stiff to handle high speed bumps, jumps, & corners, plus being 6'3" 230 doesn't help either. lol. Hey this is my first post, hello fellow grizz owners.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Welcome to the site golfman, lots of good info and fellow riders, lets see some pics..........Irv

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think i need to stiffen up my rear suspension because i have black rub marks from my tires on my rear fenders from jumping. I also have the issue of being a big boy. Guess I might just have to risk the axles coming out. I have also been thinking of upgrading the suspension if it comes to it. Possibly ELKA.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Welcome Golfman.
Foxguy, that's a lot of weight to be coming down on those cheap a-arms when jumping. You can replace your springs with stiffer ones.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Welcome to the site golfman247!! good to have you on board!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Welcome to the site golfman. This is a great site. Just belonging to this site has greatly improved my social life. This is probably the only place on earth that I have found people as addicted to Grizzlies as I am. I was noticing that when I wanted to talk about Grizzlies with my friends they had to go home, or bowling or some silly thing like that. When I would approach a table of my friends the table would clear when I started to sit down. One of my friends finally confided that I was a bore... I only have two topics...four wheeling and Grizzlies, and they are tired of hearing about it.

I guess acceptance is a part of recovery!!!

OK, OK, I should have started this with, "MY NAME IS DGR, AND I AM A GRIZZAHOLIC!!!!"

1 - 20 of 27 Posts