Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

Skid plates

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  carranzaj2 
#1 ·
Hi Guys

I’m brand new to this forum and looking forward to picking your brains on everything dealing with the big bad Grizzly. I have a 2005 Red Grizz with about 100 mile on her so far and looking forward to putting on many many more. The first question I would like to ask this forum pertains to skid plates. I ‘v been looking at Aluminum Products and Ricochet kits. Can you guys give me any Pros or Cons on these two manufactures? Also where would be the best place (best price) to pick them up. Thanks for any and all inputs.

#2 ·
Malo Oso;

Welcome to the site glade to hear you are loving your grizz.

As for your skid plates all I can say is that I have the Alum. Products full under belly skids and I love them, they have taken some good hits and have stood up just fine.

BTW feel free to ask all your questions thats what we all are here for to help everyone out :)

Mike

#4 ·
Well Malo... I can vouge for the Ricochet full skid plates and a-arm guards. They were the first thing I installed and they have taken some major hits without any damage to the machine. Can't remember where I bought them from but I would guess it was either Rocky Montain ATV or Utah Sport Cycle.

#5 ·
Malo Oso,

I've installed a full set of Highlifter skid plates on the Grizz. So far so good. I check the others out and to me the Highlifters plates offer more underbody protection. It came with a servo cover that protects the servo and the wiring, a welded plate that protects the clear plastic drain tube on the air intake for the belt housing. Yea it cost a little more the then rest, but when making new trails, yopu want all the protection you can get.

#7 ·
I can personalloy vouch for the www.prm-atv.com products belly pan and a-arm guards. They are tough as ****, and really stand up to a beating..

#8 ·
I want to thank you all for your input. I went with the Aluminum Products complete Skid/Brush/Bash kit. It was breeze to install and looks great. Can't wait to put it to the test. Only ATV had the best prices I could find ($400) delivered to my door. Guess I'll have to get a winch now to fill up that hole in the front bash plate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.