Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am contemplating getting a snorkel kit for my Grizzly, mainly for the CVT/Auto Tranny. Perhaps I will do the airfilter box as well.

Has anyone done it?
Did you do it yourself?
Did you buy the kit? Which one?

I have looked at www.setxatv.com and TEXMudder's site.

I have had my belt slip on me twice before, so perhaps a snorkel is the way to go!!

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
highlifter has one,,, it might be the same as setxatv, I'm not sure,, you can go to highlifters site and on their forum there is a lot of info on snorkel kits and several homemade ones,,,,,, keep us up to date,,, I have never had trouble but have never got it in deep water either,,,,, ,,, ,,, ,, , cg

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Gotta go with countrygrizz on this one, highlifter has tons of info/photos of snorkeling jobs. Another one to look at is bayousnorkels, i don't know anything about them but just happened to see there website.......Irv

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked at Highlifter, they, as you say, Irv, sell the Bayou snorkel.

I do not like the look of the Bayou snorkel because it looks too high and cumbersome in front. I also do not like the airbox snorkel in the front of the tank. One jump could result in serious damage to the "family jewels"!!

The setxatv one has all the snorkels (up to 4) on the front rack. Also the airbox modification is from the side.

What do you guys think??

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Sorry Beast, i wasn't aware that highlifter sold the bayou? That definately doesn't sound good about the air box snorkel loacation!! I don't know what to tell you about snorkels? I don't have one yet? I have seen some pics of home made ones and they look pretty trick. Try this, i don't know if it will work? I tried to copy and paste and click and drag and that wouldn't work either? http--atvfrontier.com-modules-Downloads-fileupload Good luck.....Irv

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Irv, no luck on the link!!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Good day Beast, try this www.atvonlinemagazine.com This guy and his wife own/operate this independent website and there are tons of good articles/reviews etc. He does a good review of the Bayou snorkel install and shows some pics. I saved his website to my favourites section. Lots of good reading, check it out............Irv

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Sorry, forgot, just enter "INDEX" for his complete site. It should be the first one that comes up after you hit enter from your search engine.....Irv

·
Registered
462 Posts
beast,,,make sure your drain plug is in,,,i never had a problem with my belt slipping,and i go through water up to the seat,,,,then one day everytime we went through water i was slipping

stopped and we were looking around,and realized that a branch had found its way up ,and between the belt case,and foot rest,and had ripped the plug off

it was the weekend,so we went back to the house,popped the cover off,sprayed it down,popped it back on,and pluged the hole with a bolt,and permatex,until i could get a new one ordered

1 - 9 of 9 Posts