Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at getting a snorkle kit. I'd like it more for the trans breathers but I'd put an air box one too if i knew it could suck in enough air at wide open throttle. The one i like best right now is the-Southeast Texas Atv- snorkle mostly because it doesn't look like plumbing but the tubes look awful small in diameter. Will the engine and belt get enough air?

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I'm not willing to go into anything deep enough to need a snorkel, but from the ones that I've seen they seem to breath pretty good.
Except for the extreme mud boggers, who seal their motors up pretty tight, most people that put a snorkel on and then try them out find that their engines and stuff aren't as watertight as they had hoped.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I put one one from the guys in Texas. There site is closed but I love it. I have had it for about a year and nothing but good things to say about the system. I researched quite a few places and designs before I put this one on

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dobby, I've heard that kit is a pain to install, did you do it yourself? I think it looks like the cleanest kit out there. Why does it offer 4 tube kits? I can only think of 3 that can come out the front- Motor intake-Belt intake-Belt exaust. I mostly need it for the belt exaust, thats the one i keep filling up when i'm climbing embankments out of rivers and puddles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think it has all the tubes because it needs them to flow enough air to the carb. If I remember there are 2 or 3 hoses coming out of the ari box lid and then the ones for the trans. I have the Bayou on my Grizz and it is not as " clean " as the SETX kit, its about 1/3 the price and does the same job. Its all personal preferance in the end. Just dont forget to vent all your small lines like diffs, carbs, fan, etc when you do the snorkle. Good luck

Greg G

·
Registered
22 Posts
There are four tubes that come out one on the front intake, rear for tran intake and two that come out of a new retro air box top (provided). I am not sure about those guys in texas but it looks as if their site is down. The materials that they use are first class and so far I actually had a gain in over all speed and power by the air flow. It was a pain to install but with two people, it would take a few hours but it is a solid system.
I am going to post some pics of my install so that you can see for yourself.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dobby I found a fairly informative site where they install a SETXATV snorkle. Lots of pictures and detailed explanations of the install. I agree the materials used look top notch. Interested to see your pics. Oh if anyone wants to see that site, it's MUD AND DIRT.com under the TECH heading.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts