Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
welcome to the forum mudngirl...BTW dont listen to anything countrygrizz tells ya (aka CG)...I accidentaly snorkeled in my neighbors pool bout 2 am one night but that was before I owned my Grizz, thats not much help. somebody in here has the 411 you're looking for!

nizz

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Welcome to the site mudngirl, check out the members area at the top of the page, anybody with a little yellow square picture beside their name has pics. There should be some of what your looking for. Georgia Grizz has a few and I am sure he would help you with any questions you may have. Good Luck......Irv

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Take a look at:
http://community.webshots.com/album/126257621QJTmyN
or Bayou snorkels or South East Texas ATV

·
Registered
162 Posts
look at my profile ..if you have any ?? let me know

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Welcome to the site Mudngirl. I can't help you with the snorkel but there are a few on here that can.
Countrygriz is harmless. Besides, I think he and Dawn have something goin on. You never know about them Okies.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Went into the swamp yesterday for the first time this year. It was a bit cool especially after getting my tail wet when a hole was deeper than expected and the only thing left above water was the handlebars and most of me. The XTR's performed perfectly but the wet clutch problem is really getting old. As soon as Triangle ATV is ready to ship the Snorkit kit for the Grizzly, mine will be snorkeled.
All in all we had a great ride, and even with the water in the clutch it pulled itself out and I just pulled the plug and let the gallons, seemed like, flow out, ran it in neutral and kept on going. I think that the belt may be suffering from being wet 4 or 5 times now so I may be replacing soon. Is this something anyone else has experienced, performance loss of the belt from wetting a number of times?
Hopefully that was the last of the cool weather for this year and we can get in some serious seat time over the next few months. By the way no pictures as I have not figured out how everyone is keeping those cameras dry, or is everyone taking those waterproof disposables. Can't see me taking my Cybershot into the swanp!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
beast you mentioned these place to get snorkels

"Take a look at: http://community.webshots.com/album/126257621QJTmyN or Bayou snorkels or South East Texas ATV"

i like the one that South East Texas ATV sells but being from canada i cant seem to find a way to purchase it, can you recommend a source for this snorkel kit? any help really appreciated or can anyone help with finding this kit? or the parts to do the kit?

thanks brian

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
The site went down after Hurricane Rite and has not been back up. It was www.setxatv.com That is the one I originally wanted but the kit from Triangle is simillar, or will be when ready. www.triangleatv.com

·
Registered
234 Posts
thanks tj10ec thats a nice kit but i really want one like setxatv has thats just a sweeeeeet setup and it isnt that ugly hehehe nice and compact to i reallllly like that not into it looking like i had nothing better to do but take the plumbing outta my basement hahaha

·
Registered
234 Posts
is it possible to still get the kit from setxatv? via someone near them? HELP i want to go play in the DEEEEP water i love it just look at my avatar.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
TJ10EC, keep your digital camera in an OTTERBOX or PELICAN CASE, they are dustproof, crush proof and waterproof!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I actually have the setxatv set up. I love it. I was easy to install, with two people, very little modifications and the materials were high grade. I can clean my bike up and get pics. The guys who ran setxatv were reall nice and helpfull. I will try to track down to see if they have reappeared.

·
Registered
234 Posts
that would be nice i want that kit for my bike as well. any help with getting one would be awesome dobby

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm from Canada too, and it's a pain to find snorkel stuff up here. The setxatv setup looks great... I'd love to get my hands on it. The Bayou one doesn't look very good coming out of the top of the seat.

Any info on setxatv would be great. In the mean-time I'm going to rig something up for the clutch intake & exhaust - should keep the belt dry!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts