Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a snowplow set up on my grizzly. I do have a winch but nothing else, can anyone tell me what all I will need to get a snow plow set up corectly on my Grizzly?

·
Registered
701 Posts
All you need is a plow frame and plow. I'm a big fan of the Moose plow. Since you have a grizz defiantely go with the 60" plow. Add the rubber flap to the top of the plow and you're good to go. Your winch cable attaches to the plow and you're done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm about to buy a new Grizzly and I've also been looking at plows.
From what I've heard a roller fairlead would be helpful to save wear and tear on the winch cable.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yes you will definately want to run a roller fairlead. Even with a fairlead, I still broke my winch cable last winter and have now upgraded to a Amsteel blue sythentic winch cable, safer stronger and lighter. This winter when it comes time for plowing again, I will go back to my old steel cable that came with the winch. I'm going to cut it down and only use enough to the wrap the barrel of the winch and connect to the plow.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How hard is it to install the large roller fairlead?, and is the winch high enough to get a decent lift on the plow.

·
Registered
701 Posts
The roller fairlead is very easy to install. Two bolts onto the winch mounting plate. The plow lifts plenty high. I had to set my front shocks to the highest setting or else the weight of the plow and some snow stuck to it would sink my front end. Once tightend I was fine. This pic is of my driveway when I was done. You can see the pile off to the right.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I have tried many methods including the manual pull. The very best and least damaging to your winch is the Montana Jacks receiver system and a winch rotator which inverts your winch so that it is a straight up and down pull. Works excellent and you lose no power on your cable with the fairled and it protects you cable from damage. Here is the link. http://www.montanajacks.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=271

1 - 8 of 8 Posts