Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK you snow bunnies out there any info on snow blades-good/bad out there? This would include mounting hardware,etc.also.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'm running a 60" Moose Plow. I have zero complaints. It made my work for cleaning snow a lot easier last winter...and fun to boot! I reccomend getting the rubber flap at the top of whichever plow you purchase. The moose plow was priced well and built well. This year all I have to do is replace the wear blade at the bottom for $25. Swisher also makes a cool setup if you plan on doing work beyond plowing.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I have the Swisher plow but only because I also have the bucket. If you're just buying a plow, I don't reccomend the Swisher. It mounts directly to your front A-arms and it's hard on them.
I like the moose plow. It has a simple set-up and is easy to put on and take off.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks doolin and Starky. Just goes to show you what a great site this is ! Welcome back Stark. I wrote you a message a couple of weeks ago right before you left asking about your (wifes') plow. Nice shots dool on that driveway ! Later.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
You'll love this... my favorite plow is the Polaris Glacier Plow system. And yes, it fits my Grizzly!!!!

I got it last winter, in January, when we had all that snow in Reno.

Mounting... this is the best part. There's no huge push-tube thing to mount on the machine. There's a small (fairly) mount that attaches underneath and in front. Unless you do serious rock climbing, you can leave it on year-round.

To attach the plow, drive up to the plow until you hear the mount hit the plow with a clunk. Get off the quad, and use the lever on the plow to attach it to the mount on the quad. Now attach your winch line. You're done!

I also picked up a mount for my SP800EFI so I can use either quad to plow. I'll probably use the Grizz because it has much better tires (the Bighorns ROCK in snow), and it also has a much superior belt drive that doesn't allow for slippage unless you REALLY overdo it.

Rob

·
Registered
462 Posts
i have the Warn plow system,and am very pleased with it too

mounting hardware was a bear (no pun intended,but just on the two brackets that mount underneath,because one bolt on either side was too close to the underside of the footrest,you can only get a quarter turn at a time on it

the brackets tuck up under enough that it doesnt interfear with ground clearance at all

and it has two pins,to pop in,or pop out underneath for the push tube,to the brackets,,,takes about 5 minutes,and im plowing

as for chains,i pushed snow all last winter with just stock tires,with zero problems

·
Registered
52 Posts
Moose County plow 60". Awesome plow and easy to take on and off. Plowed a lot of snow with the grizzly and no problems.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have the cycle country on my Polaris and the Warn on my Grizz. Between the two, Warn is much preferred in my house. The Moose above looks like an even better system, not sure how much it cost, but I have zero complaints on the Warn. Cycle Country v-blade...nice anchor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts