Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well went for my first snow-ride this fall, we got about 4" to 6"inches of the white stuff. What a blast, the grizz worked awesome! One thing that I noticed is that the grizz sure packs in a lot of snow! I could hardly see anything under my quad? It was packed under there like crazy. Probably because I was leading, showing a couple of newbies the trail system I ride. Great ride though, did about 75 KM's. My brother in-laws Popo worked pretty good with the new Kenda Bear Claws! He said it hooked up awesome in the snow, gave him tons of traction and a way better ride. I will be getting some in the new year now for sure!
Anyways, glad to see the site is back up and running! I was begining to wonder? I thought, I just donated some money to the site and Rob has made off with it all and left us high and dry? LOL........Irv

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Hey Irv, sounds like you guys had a great time. Did you have any problem with the disc breaks freezing up? That seems to be the ony problem I have had in the snow.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Irv, at least you are a supporting member. Rob hasn't up-dated my status yet.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No problems so far with the brakes freezing up Starky? Hopefully that doesn't happen? The Grizz works pretty good in the snow, even with the stock tires...Irv

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey Irv. The tires will make a BIG difference. It's fun riding in the snow.

Hey Starky, Last year in the winter we went through some water. After that every time we stopped the front wheels locked up. Gets a little frustrating but it won't stop me from riding.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I put a can of that spray-on windshield de-icer under my seat to spray on the brakes. I hope it doesn't hurt the pads but it sure helps loosten them up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts