Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the product number for the 660 shock wrench? I am trying to find one but I am getting the sport atv wrenches number. Thanks

Just got the answer below, sorry

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Dooby check out previous posts!! Most of us use waterpump pliers. To the best of my knowlwdge Yamaha makes 2 types for the Griz, type one strips the second time you use it and type two is a workshop tool, a lot more expensive and you can't use it on the rears as there is not enough place to manouvre!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Jack it up and take the weight off the suspension, spray some WD40 on the shocks then use the channel locks.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
If you jack it up and expand the shock as far as it will go you can turn it by hand, but I use a pipe wrench and a piece of leather.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are you guys able to adjust the rear springs? I was able to easily adjust the front with typical channel-locks. I was not able to get the rears to move, so I went to Harbor Frieght and bought the biggest channel-locks they sell. These things are HUGE! I am still not able to get the rears to move. (this is with the bike in the air)

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Ernest, you have to remove your back wheels to get at the shocks. You don't need the biggest channel locks either, you still need room to be able to use them. You could call Starky over I guess? He must be one big Mother to be able to turn them by hand! LOL Good Luck........Irv

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I found if the rear shock are clean, then spray some wd40 on them, then lift the rear of the bike up and try, failing that remove the rear wheels. It should move 1/2 turn by 1/2 turn which will equal on click or setting!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Irv, this was tried with the tires off. The bike was still brand-new, maybe a week old, when I started trying to tweak the suspension.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Sorry Ernest, I didn't know you had already tried it with your wheels off. Did you manage to get them done? Are you using a lubricant on your spring ramp? I used Rust check and they moved with a fair bit of effort. I just wished I had of bumped them up to the number 4 setting!......Irv

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Shoot, now I'm going to have to turn them by hand just so I don't look stupid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts