Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone bought a spanner wrench for adjusting the shocks?

stopped at the Yammy dealer today,they said they would have to order it,and it would be 30 bucks

there has to be an alternitive place to get one,,,,the new plow blade is alot heavier than the one i had,and i want to be able to adjust the shocks without a pipe wrench

or even if someone knows what size it is,i can take it from there,,,,,thanx

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I always use the pipe wrench with a piece of leather to keep from scratching up the shock.

·
Registered
701 Posts
If you could weld you could make one easily. I just use a large pair or channel locks and a rag. Get the front end off the ground and they spin pretty easy to adjust.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Like doolin said, jack it up and then you can turn them pretty eaisly. I used to be pretty big in mountain biking repairing and assembling my own equipment so I use a spanner wrench from that tool box.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
If you want to buy one Dennis Kirk has them.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Don't buy the Yamaha shock adjusters. They have two types, the one is a multi type for Yamaha Workshops and it does not work on the Grizzly rear shocks due to lackof space!.
The other type is a flat shock spanner and it strips the second time you use it!!

USe a pipe wrench (waterpipe Pliers) and jack up your Griz. A little Q20 or WD40 or similar helps too!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx dor the heads up Beast,,,,,nothing worse than spending the extra dough to get the right tool for the job only to find out when you get it that its worthless

guess i'll just do the pipe wrench,and rag

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes, channel locks works just fine. I believe I did it with the tire off.

That's what my dealer suggested to do.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im not going to bother with it if i have to remove the tire to do it,just to plow snow,,,,i have a pipe wrench,and a rag like others suggested

i just dont want to turn setup time to plow snow into an hour,,,,if its a matter of sliding the jack under,and a couple twists,im willing,,,,if its going to be a production,i'll make do like it is

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
if you know anyone that owns a kawasaki 750, they have two different ones in the onboard tool case. you probably towed them home sometime in the past and they owe you now

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
actually,,,,we did have to help someone get a Kawi 750 home this summer,,,he let someone from his work ride it,brand new less than a 100 miles on it the guy rolls it down a hill,end over end,and a couple barral rolls

for those that remember the post about it,ive seen him once since it happened,he said the fella was getting a loan to buy it from him,and he was going to get a new one,,,but havnt seen ,nor heard from him since that update,so i dont know if the dude made right by him

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Yeah I remember Hoo,

That guy would be spewing if his mate does the dirty on him.

Cheers Noel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts