Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a exhaust tip. Do any of you reinstall the spark arrester back on it? Will it give better flow if you don't reinstall it? Will it make it louder?
Thank for the info

·
Registered
178 Posts
i personally got the 2r tip it came with a screen that was optional to install . it being as dry as it has been i put the screen in to be safe. i am surrounded by bush and count on it to heat my house with fire wood. i don't need any accidental fires breaking out and taking my hose with it . this is /was my personal decision dont know about others

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
I run the stock one with my new exhaust tip. I just knocked the spot weld off the stock tip and reused the spark arrestor. For the same reason as brave1. I dont think it will restrict any air flow.

·
Premium Member
7,680 Posts
Even if it does restrict flow, why take chances with burning up any wooded areas around you? Is the extra flow worth the extra noise that might piss off the people who now decide to close your trail systems? I still run a totally stock exhaust system because I honestly think that keeping my trails open is more important than a couple of horsepower... (IMHO)

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I run mine for the same reasons as stated above. I also use the stock one like sanddudes. The increase in noise levels is minimal imo, not even close to a aftermarket pipe. Just gives it a nice deep throaty sound(wasn't that a movie? LOL) But I am a firm believer in running one, I know it is the law in my neck of the woods to run one at all times and I have read of people having their's checked by the certain individuals when they have been stopped.....Irv

http://www.swfire.com/faulty_spark_arrestor.htm

·
Registered
319 Posts
i have been doing some riding at the dunes and so i took mine off, but after reading this thred a lot of great points were made, i think i'll put mine back on.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had my spark arrester out for a while when I was doing some sand pit riding. It is very loud. Sounds cool, but pisses people off. Everyone is right also, one spark out of there when it is hot as **** could equal disaster!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I run the stock one with my new exhaust tip. I just knocked the spot weld off the stock tip and reused the spark arrestor. For the same reason as brave1. I dont think it will restrict any air flow.
How do you attach the old spark arrestor to the new tip

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried several different things before just going with the barkers system and their spark arrestor. I'm very happy with the tone and level of output. I wouldn't consider it loud, but I admit I want to hear my exhaust.. I sold my modified original to a forum member..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts