Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have changed my grips far more often than I have changed my oil on my Grizz.
The soft grips feel great but don't last. Some slide and bunch against the hardgaurd, others just split and break, the ones that last are as hard as nails! I have just installed some spider grips, When you hold your handle bar you can not tell if the engine is running!! Zero vibration!! they are also very sticky/tacky and your glove wont slide on them. I can strongly recommend them!!

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
thanks beast still trying to find hand gaurds dont know where you guys find them but i will keep looking on and on

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bobmor, ask your dealer for ACERBIZ gaurds made for YAMAHA, I have a black set and I love them

·
Registered
339 Posts
From what I understand the Spider grips are a good diameter for people with large hands, gives you something to put you hands around. Some other style grips are not like these. I will be installing a pair of Spiders soon.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of them?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Starky, take a look at http://www.spidergrips.com/

Another nice feature is the "end caps" are hard, therefore the bolt from the handgaurd won't tear them!

The Griz uses the SLT type, I got Black and grey, you can get other colours instead of the grey part!

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Beast did you get them right from there site? I just recieved the new Rocky Mountain ATV cat in the mail and was looking at getting a set of these.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Those look pretty comfortable. I'm going to have to take a closer look. Thanks Beast.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought them from a local dealer!

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
They look pretty soft. Are they close to stock size or are they fatter?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Starky, they are very close to stock in diameter, and they feel solid! not very soft at all!! just completely free of vibration and tacky to the touch!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Beast, is it just me or does it look like they have worn quite a bit? The nubs don't look so nubby in your pic compared to first pic you posted? Are they wearing well?......Irv

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Irv, there is no wear at all yet (3 days riding). Thats the way they look new in the box! ( I have the grips on the left SLT, the one on the right with "honeycomb" shape looks like it has a more prominent pattern)

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Well just installed a set of these Spider Grips on my wifes Grizz and so far they look and feel great. One thing I did notice right away is that they are a little shorter than the OEM but for the feel of these grips it is well worth it. They have a nice soft tacky feel to it but not overly squeshy. It will be a few weeks untill I can get a real ride on them but so far I think I will be plenty happy with them, and im sure my wife will agree (I hope) :)

Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts