Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I figured out why my rear wheels/tires stick out further than say Quadstar's, I unknowingly bought SRA rims instead of IRS rims. I looked at Quadstars pic and he has the exact same wheel/tire combo but his measure 49" to 50" across the back but mine measure 52 3/4". I don't mind the set-up so far but I wish they were more like Quadstars. Is there any extra stress that I am putting on my bearings, axles or control arms? I guess it would be the same as running wheel spacers wouldn't it? Looking for some input before I decide to sell them or not. Thanks........Irv

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
somebody ask Irv what sra,irs .stands for so i dont feel like an idiot. thanks bob m

·
Registered
339 Posts
ah yes the Grizzly takes all front wheels. The solid rear axle wheels will make it much wider, you should be sure you ask for the individual rear suspension wheels.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
thanks dk

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Fronts/IRS are offset 4"/3"
Rears/SRA are offset 2"/5"

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies guys but neither one of you answered any of my questions? Whats up with that? Was it too early in the morning or something LOL? Any idea if this is causing undue stress on the bearings, axles or control arms? Is it the same as running wheel spacers and has anybody had any of the mentioned problems? It is 4:20pm now so maybe I can get some answers? Thanks, and in the future before you decide to reply to any questions make sure you all have had a least 1 coffee! LMFAO.........Irv

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Irv,

YES there will be more stress when you widen the setup.

No, it has not affected my griz much over the last 2 years (spacers).

I have just changed front bearings at 7300km, from what I have read here, most have changed before that amount of mileage, (I spend a lot of time riding in rivers!)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Irv...Beast is right it will cause more stress on bearing, your riding style will determine how long before you have to replace them. Obviously hammering over rough terrain, mud, and water will accelerate this wear.

Of more concern to some people is fitting through trails...you would have problems following me. One of the reasons I stayed with stock wheels and only added 1" spacers. It gave me a little width but still not as wide as aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Irv, I chose "front wheel" 3"/4" offset Rokstar Rims and I use them with my spacers!

This way I can choose.... Spacers on or off !!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, I was curious if they would cause undue stress, the front ones seem fine, they are just slightly wider than the stockers, it is the back ones that stick way out. I will keep an eye on my bearings for sure. I have already noticed the tight trail problems, it is a pain in the ass! I may try to sell them and buy some IRS rims instead? Thanks again guys........Irv

1 - 10 of 10 Posts