Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody using one of the stainless steel, reusable oil filters. It sounds like it will pay for itself in the long run.

·
Registered
462 Posts
ive never in my life done an oil change on anything that used a oil filter,reusing the old filter,and never will

they also claim Quaker State oil is good for your cars,and trucks,and the simple fact is its the worse thing to put in your motor

you cant go by the hype they claim about the products they are trying to sell,their not above "stretching" the truth

i'll spend the few bucks for new,and have piece of mind

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I read a write up about those and they stated they do not go low enough on the micron rating? Meaning it is letting bigger chunks of junk pass through it more than normal filters. Great Idea but just not good enough yet......Irv

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I also thought about these things but thought some more and came to the fact for what they cost and how ever you have to clean these it is just easier to buy the throw away filters, of course untill a few people come on here and say they have it and its wonderful :) Then I would have to think some more!

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had one on my dirt bike and it worked great. I know a lot of guys that use them on their sport quads and love them.
I know they are easy to clean and they flow much better than paper filters.
Maybe I'll have to be the one to try it first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts