Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago went to start my 660 all I got was a click from starter relay and the dash lights went dead. Mashed down and wiggled connector on starter relay until I got lights on dash and it would crank right up. Replaced relay with $30 after market part & worked great for about a week. Then it started to fail same symptoms. After replacing aftermarket relay with an $80 OEM part still same issue. Battery is new less than a year old .
I am considering bypassing the factory relay with an old school solenoid but don’t want to do that if another factory part is the problem. Thanks any help or ideas will be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
About a year ago went to start my 660 all I got was a click from starter relay and the dash lights went dead. Mashed down and wiggled connector on starter relay until I got lights on dash and it would crank right up. Replaced relay with $30 after market part & worked great for about a week. Then it started to fail same symptoms. After replacing aftermarket relay with an $80 OEM part still same issue. Battery is new less than a year old .
I am considering bypassing the factory relay with an old school solenoid but don’t want to do that if another factory part is the problem. Thanks any help or ideas will be appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts