Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2005 griz w/1800 miles. All is is shape other than the steering...if I hold on the handlebars and wiggle them front to back there is noticeable play in the steering shaft..as if a bushing is worn out. I found a new griz and tried it and there was no movement...
Is this a big deal? easy fix?

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
my 05 is just starting to show some movement too. no worries though. i've my old one a couple of times before, just take off the front rack and hood to more easily access the two upper steering bushing bolts. they have metal tabs bent onto them so they don't looosen so just bend them out of the way and remove the two bolts. The bushing will come out now in two pieces. theres also two 'o' rings that should stay on the shaft, if they come off too just put them back on later. now i just sand off a little of the inside of the bushing so that it will tighten more around the steering shaft, or you can replace them. put a little grease on them and reinstall. mack sure to fit the 'o' rings back, just so the grease stands a chance at staying in place for a few miles.(i lost one on the bottom and it went dry really quick) hope that helps a little cause its really annoying to drive when its loose or squeeky.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts