Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it has been 9 weeks now since the Grizz went in for it's "hip replacement"
And I am still waiting for the shimms to arrive from Japan to set the "backlash" on the drive gear. I believe the dealer has the two new CV's, the new replacement circlip/bushes, the centre spline/gear for the rear diff.

I am just waiting to get the beast back now. The dealer/yamaha has had it for 4 months this year, all because of the the axles popping out!!

Yamaha has had my bike for longer than I have this Year!!!!

VERY FRUSTRATED!!! I want to ride again.

Should the CV's pop again, I will most certainly buy another brand of ATV, perhaps a DS650 Baja X Bombardier?

·
Registered
701 Posts
What about the new Bombardier 800efi untility quad. That thing looks sweet! But I hope you get your grizz all straightened out.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
I haven't had any trouble at all with my new Sportsman 800 EFI... :)

'Course my axles have never popped out on my Grizz either. BUT, it does like to boil fuel like nobody's business.

Rob

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rob,

I am a little weary on Polaris, because the Mrs's quad is a Trailblazer 250 and we have had endless hassles with the electric starter, because it is located under the engine, it gets wet, leaks, stops working, and needs 4 hours labour just to remove it, it also costs 30% of the price of a new Polaris Trailblazer to replace it!!!

We have resoloved the issue by creating a rule, NO WATER DEAPER THAN 2", and at very slow speed, NO SPLASH!

Non the less, she wants to buy a Scrambler 500 4x4 !!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
I don't want to brand bash at all. But I just got back into Atving this year. This year, I've seen 6 bikes all get towed out of the woods. It almost one per ride for me. As well last week we had 2 overheat but make it through the ride and one Polaris trailblazer sheared the front sprocket and had to be towed out. I think Polaris makes extremely capable and innovative quads, I'm just not sold on their reliability.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Sorry that you are still waiting Beast! That's gotta suck big time! Hopefully when you get it back it will be way better than it has been? I haven't had any problems with mine so far, 613 KM's and not a single problem. I know you are loosing faith in Yamaha and i don't blame you but i don't think there is anything out there that would be better than the Grizz? I know the new Bomber is out but i wouldn't be getting one of those for a year or two until some real miles has been put on a few! I am not a fan of Polaris at all, way to many problems for my liking! You would think after years of building them they would finally get it right? I guess they are making way to much money off of parts? My 2 cents......irv

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw the Beast at the dealer yesteday and today, I hope tp have it back for the weekend (11 weeks later).
The diff is in, with all new gears and shimms, all set and ready.
The new CV's are here, as well as the new relacement circlips (THANX Bonez5 for the part number)
They will finish the assembly on Wednesday, test on Thurs, and I hope to collect on Friday.

I am probably going to need lessons, it so long ago that I rode her!!

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
That's great news Beast,

Hope you get to put the Beast through a decent workout on the week end!

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Noel, I can't wait!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts