Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a set laying around in good condition that they want to get rid of for a fair price? The prices they fetch on Ebay are ridiculous. I might as well by some aftermarket wheels.

I know this thread is in the wrong place but no on ever looks past the Grizzly 660 section.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
what happened to getting the claws!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was never getting claws. I"m getting the 25" bighorns like you...hopefully. And I like my bike better with black rims. Don't know why just my preference. I ran 26" tires and didn't feel that the decrease in performance was justified by only gaining a 1/2" of clearance. So i'll stick with the stock size tire.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Sorry, I must be getting old, loosing my mind!1

You will love the bighorns!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A guy we ride with has them. And they've held up better than my MST's and ATR's, and my other friends 589's and Mudlites. Are you switching or just staying with bighorns?

·
Registered
339 Posts
If you take your time you can get some good deals from eBay on the black wheels. Best thing to do is buy a set with the tires on then dismount the tires and sell them on eBay. I did it this way and now have 3 sets of black wheels (sorry none for sale) with the average cost of about $125 per set. Two sets I received the lugs along with the wheels.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey Doo,

I like the blacked out rims too. But with my '05 SE being black, I didn't want to look like some Special Ops want-a-be.

I need more sparkle.

I looked at your pics from your profile. Is that your blue grizz with a new tire/wheel setup with black rims? ?????????? I'm confused????

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup. But I sold that tire/rim combo. Switched to a set of ITP ATR's on stock rims. I'm planning on a getting some Maxxis Bighorns and would like to mount them on black rims.

·
Registered
119 Posts
SOLD....okay, I'm catching up.

At first I thought you were a collector of items, otherwise known as a "Pack Rat".

It think the blacked out wheels looks pretty good with the blue grizz.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL...not a pack rat here. I'm a buy sell trade man. Always buying something and selling something in return.

·
Registered
382 Posts
TnWrangler put them black rims on your machine, you'll fit right in here with all the Amish folk running around!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts