Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been testing my Grizzly in the mud and big logs by my pond and on my trails. I got stuck on a log in my pond in the sand that caught my skidplate and was stuck my tires was just spinning so I had to pick up the front end and move it off the skidplate. I went through mud spot right in my pond in front differential lock and just did make it out. It's just amazing what the grizzly can go through with stock tires. I've been looking at the Suzuki King Quad 700 single. It looks like it's the only big bore single than can rival the Grizzly but the Grizzly will always be the best in my mind. It's just not fair to compare twin cylinder bigger bores to the Grizzly 660. Just think if the Grizzly had 2 cylinders it would squash all the big bores.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
So far IMO the price and value of the Grizz hands down can't be beat. Plenty of smooth power with the extra bite of the diff lock when needed. Great engine breaking and also has disk brakes all around unlike some. Would not mind a EFI but so far I think let them all get though the big rush of EFI's and when they come out with the Grizzly in EFI I will be sure to keep my eye on it and let them get all the bugs worked out first, because I know we will probly not be able to do to much to them beside the general maintence.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I bet they come out with the 686 EFI on the Griz next year.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Starky if I was a betting man, I'd go all in on what you said. I agree 100%. A little disappointing IMO. Not that I need some 900cc. But they better do something that makes it stand out over the others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts