1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
power tech 4 exhaust ( used ) to loud for me

stock front cv axle's 2002

IPT alum rims set of four

anyone who is interested let me know i will send pics as far as price make a offer and be serious please

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just figured i would see if anyone on the forum was interested ..I had my identity stolen on ebay 3 years ago, just cant bring myself around to trusting it again!!!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I am interested in your rims, but I think you are just to far away for me? Shipping, duty etc would cost way to much. Unless you are selling them awfully cheap? I don't blame you for not trusting E-bay anymore, do you have any type of atv trader magazines in your area? That would be a good place to start....Irv

·
Registered
382 Posts
whoa whoa whoa both of you...this crap about trusting ebay is BS!! eBay is merely a forum (like the one your in now) that allows users to buy and sell...if your identy was stolen it was because you more than likley fell for one of the phishing email scams and thats your fault not eBay's,,,I have been selling stuff on eBay since June 1999 and I have NEVER had anything stolen from me NOTHING..Ive had some dead beat bidders but, each time I relisted I always got more for the item second time around.

eBay, PayPal and even your own bank will never ask for private info through email, why should they?? that info is stored on thier SECURE server. I get those phishing emails on a regular basis and they look really real but, you know they are not...forward them to eBay and they will send a confirmation email explaining that they are fake.

I once sold a broken (as in did not work at all) 2 year old JVC in dash CD player for $45 dollars on eBay...try doing that in your local trader mag.

I paid $520 shipped for five 16 inch 8 lug 2005 take off GM aluminum rims for my truck, they were located about 400 miles from me...the local wheel shop wanted $1200 for 4 whenever they got a set in which wasnt often, the seller charged me a flat rate of $75 for shipping. Dealer price is $1600 new.

its not just my .39 cents worth, I speak from exp.

outty like 5 G's.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Grizznizzle, i have received 2 e-mails lately from Pay-pal that states someone over sea's has been trying to use my account, it says for me to follow the instructions and click on their link to confirm my account etc. Are they bogus e-mails??........Irv

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
irv,,, yes they are,,,, a email for paypal always starts with your name,,, not valued member or something like that,, you can also put your curser over the link it wants you to click on,,, like if it say to click on a link that says paypal, then put you curser over it and at the bottom of your screen where it tell what that link is,,it wont be anything to do with paypal,,,, i get them all the time also,,,,,, ,,,,,, ,,,,, cg

·
Registered
382 Posts
CG I couldnt have said it better myself thank you very much!! never ever click on any link from any of those emails Irv...remember what has been said "no reputable website will ever ask you for information regarding your account"...I get them all the time, at first your like what..but then as you look closer like CG says you will figure it out...spelling errors and generic opening lines are a giveaway.

then theres the A hole that wants to deposit 10 million bucks in your account, Im sure you've all seen that one...and for some reason there is a bunch of folks worried about the size of my penis (how does this info get out?!?!)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just to let you know ..in 2001 i bought a digital camera everything went well..in 2002 ebay admited fault on CNN that they opened a window for hackers ( like 30 seconds ) to get in . it was a learning exp for us all so dont tell me it was BS i lost 5,300.00 dollars and i am speaking from exp .. my lawyer finally settled with EBAY ( in2005) and they repaid me 4,800.00 plus lawyer fees . not trying to be an ass but it does happen

·
Registered
382 Posts
sorry to hear about your loss BUT who at eBay took your money for the purchase...how were they responsible???? your tx was between you and some shady seller you were dealing with. the only info any hacker can get is your acccount info...if you were ripped off for the camera that has nothing to do with eBay, if someone hacked your account because of a back door openign through eBay then that is their fault and they should repay you...Im just using common sense here and if Im not understanding then explain otherwise your story sounds like a bunch of mixed up BS.

·
Registered
119 Posts
****, Nizz. Cut the guy a break.

I can't say I have ever been scammed from an Ebay transaction, but I have found the overseas sellers of Grizzly's that were scammers.

It seems to me for as many times that I flagged Ebay security about them, the more they popped up.

My $0.02

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nizz, step back away from the keyboard, very slowly.

Now go grab a 48 oz from the fridge and enjoy.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hey guy's, I did click on one of the links in one of the e-mails! I was checking what CG said and had a brain cramp and accidently clicked on it. The e-mail is over a month old and my credit card is a new one(same number, different expirary date) from the last time I used PayPal.What should I do??...Irv

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
irv,,,,,, man,, I had this all typed out and hit the wrong key, will try again,,,, there are so many fake emails out there that I dont know for sure what you have but I dont think just clicking on a link is any big deal,, just make sure you never fill out any personal info or change anything,,, and like I said if you get a email from paypal it always starts out with the name you have on record with paypay,, never with "dear valued customer",, Like nizzzzz says, they never ask for personal info in a email,,,,,, the one I get the most tells me my account has been put on hold,,, you can go to paypals website and it will give you a address to forward the fake ones to,, It is something like [email protected],,,,,, but not sure it that is it ,, they also have a phone no. you can call and ask about them,,,, also make sure the little padalock icon is showing on the bottom right side of your screen when you are on paypals site,that shows that it is a secure site,,,, hope this helps,,, and if your give your credit card info out to anyone, choose me,, I can always use some new goodies for my truck,,,,,,, good luck,,, ,,,,,,, ,,,, cg

·
Registered
382 Posts
hah hah hah hah CG has all good advice...including offering to help with the spendatures or your credit card!!!

the address for eBay is: [email protected], CG already gave you the one for paypal.

looking for the little padlock in the lower right hand corner of your broswer is a great idea, if you can remember to look at the url when you're on a secure site it will always start out with https (the S stands for secure) in comparison to if you look at the current address of this site its just http...run your peepers in the address bar youll see whatta mean.

these area all signs of being on legitimate sights, the spoofers do use legit sites, clicking the link is no big deal (other than that lets them know the addy is good) like CG says dont be giving out your 411 there Irv...I dont need much for my truck but, there is a 70 RT charger with a BIN option of $19500 on eBay right now...can ya help a brother out??!?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
alright lets see if i can make you understand.. i bought a camera it went fine ,a year later someone hacked into ebay and got my info ,they then setup a store at ebay changed all my info except my card info bought approx 5000 items all less than 1.00 each ( until 2004 visa check card would only cover a charge for 1.00 or more if stolen that has now changed ) and mailed all the items to me . i got anything from california beach sand to grass clippings from wrigly field unless you were there you would not beleive it.The reason ebay repaid us out of 48,500 people 2850.00 people used debit cards ( that was our mistake ) they repaid the ones using the debit cards everything less postage .. Grizznizzle i hope i explained it so you can understand .... if not owell

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
back to the point i still have some stuff for sale

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Thanks for the info guy's, that makes me breath a little easier! As far as the credit card goes, you know how long I have been wanting some new tires! Does that tell you anything? My credit card wouldn't be of much good to either of you! ****, I don't even know why they gave me one? Thanks again.......Irv

1 - 20 of 31 Posts