Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To much fun I say. Here in MN we have just reciently recieved alot of rain causing the stream behing my house to flood over. Not effecting the house but the feild be hind it and also my trails in between the stream and the field. So I took the Grizz for it's first swim. Like a champ she took to the water. Didn't even need arm flotties like my friends polaris (who I had to put out). It's a brand new Grizz just back from it's first service. What should I look at to make sure there isn't any water damage done to the bike? I didn't play long in the water and the water level didn't go past the pull start handle. My friend was quite impressed with my new toy. His old polaris darn near drowned if it weren't for the efforts of the Grizz. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Best money I ever spent.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
You should be ok with the depth you went? Just check your clutch drain spigot on the right side near the foot rest and see if any water comes out? If you plan on taking it for a swim quite oftern you may want to think about a snorkel?......Irv

·
Registered
462 Posts
i cross pretty deep water on a regular basis,,,just make sure you keep grease in the 2 fittings behind each rear wheel,,,,ive never found water in any of my oils

ive had mine in such deep water i could feel the bike floating off and on

one thing you want to keep in mind while in deep water is,keep the gas steady or you risk sucking water up through the exaust if it stalls

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Agree with everone else you should be ok with the depth of water you were in nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Im always playin in the water with my grizz, only ever swamped it once...lol...took about 2hours to clean the mud and water out of the clutch... as HooPharted said just keep the gas to er so she don't die and u should be fine.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Wader thats awsome,,,,lol,,,ya gotta love that!!!!!

the only time i had a problem with deep water was when a branch came up behind the foot well,between it an the tranny cover,and sheered the drain plug off without me knowing it

i was crossing a deep part of the creek,and it started slipping to my dismay,,,after i limped it through (without my buddys help,or his Polaris),we found the branch wedged,and the plug gone

it was the weekend,so we popped the cover off,sprayed it down,and permitexed a bolt in the hole,and i rode it for 3 weeks like that until i finally went ,and ordered the new plug,and rubber gromet

i scored a complete tranny snorkle kit off ebay for 70 bucks never installed(after shipping),high lifter wants i think 150 bucks,,,thats my next project,i hate having parts just sitting there in the box,not installed

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here's another of the grizz lovin the water...heheheeh

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Great pics Wader and Extreme! Thats about as deep as i would want to go.....Irv

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ya thts about as deep as i would go to, i could feel the back tires just floating(not touching bottom)wasn't sure if i was going to make it, but kept the gas to er and went through, havent went through that hole for a year or so now...keeps getting deeper and deeper...guess its time to snorkel the grizz....

·
Registered
140 Posts
Bhunter650 - where's the pics of you pulling the Polaris out? :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts