Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a tach on their quad?If so, what make and where did you get it?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I installed Tiny Tach from Dennis Kirk. Works great and it's easy to install. Just wrap a wire around the plug wire next to the plug and ground another and it's ready to go. I mounted it to the cover on the handlebar so I can see how much RPM'S I'm turning.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I also have the Tiny Tach but I got it direct from Tiny Tach, mounted in on the flat area of the left hand front fender where the warning placard used to be.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also have the Tiny Tach but I got it direct from Tiny Tach, mounted in on the flat area of the left hand front fender where the warning placard used to be.

thanks guys,Iseen your pic of the location it looks great there.the temp gauge is also in the future .how hard was it to install?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys,Iseen your pic of the location it looks great there.the temp gauge is also in the future .how hard was it to install?

·
Registered
339 Posts
My temp gauge is from JTATV and it is very easy to install. Insert a temperature sensor in the top line of the radiator hose coming out of the engine. Then I have a lead to power and ground for the electrical version, for the non electrical version it would just be a line from the sensor to the gauge.

My only problem with the install was that I wanted to put it closer to the gas tank but had my override switch and winch switch already installed. So now when I am in low range it is difficult to see the gauge without looking around the shifter knob.

·
Registered
462 Posts
i mounted my temp gauge on my bars,,,works great,and is always staring at you,,,i have couple pics in my profile

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Welcome to the site 4x4, I was locked out for a few days so I haven't had a whole lot of time on here lately. I see you are from Port Perry, your practically my neighbor LOL, I live in North West Oshawa. Have you ever heard of First Place Parts on the 115? Two twin brothers own this place and are die-hard Grizz fanatics, they know them inside out. They have parts and info for Grizzlies and can get most anything you need, they even beat Royal's prices. Give them a call at 1-888-626-7385. They are Norm and Charlie and are great guy's, tell them Irv sent you..........

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I'm just curious why you would need a tach. on a belt driven automatic with a rev limiter.
I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I just want to know if I'm missing something.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys for the info .great pics!Irv,I'll give that shop a call this weekend. Sounds like the perfect spot and alot closer than Royal.thanks I'll pass on your message. starky, I have almost always had a tach on my machines,boats, sleds trucks, bikes and I feel that it is easier to understand how well the machine is running by comparing rpm to speed ,or excelleration ,or idle, or rpm's during warm up or to engine performance before and after a mod has been done. I guess it's just a another way of better understanding the machine.

·
Registered
462 Posts
if they come out with an anolog tach i'll go for it,,,digitals hurt my head ith the numbers bouncing around

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Thanks Rod, personaly I don't see a need for it, but the more you guys learn by using them the more we all benifit.

·
Registered
462 Posts
if we had gears to shift it would be a differant story,,,,,but if they come out with a anolog one,im still getting one,lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts