Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is only a couple months old but I noticed when I was washing it that the bottom of the tail light is broken, would have never noticed if I hadnt been washing it. It still works and all but when you look close can sure tell its broken, no plastic covering the bottom of the lens at all.

This is a 2006 Grizzly and when I took it in for the first service, the shop where I bought it did not have one in stock, I asked them to check and see if it was covered under warranty since I have no clue what broke it. I checked when I got it back and it was not replaced so guess it wasnt covered.

Where would you sugest getting one, the dealer seemed confused and not sure what to order so would just soon get it from someone else.

·
Registered
462 Posts
they have one on ebay,i'll see if i can get the auction #

·
Registered
462 Posts
ask the seller's to be sure they will work,but they should,thats one of the tings that havnt seemed to change

auction# 4587977363
auction# 4588199771

one i think was only about 8 bucks

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Don't know if you ever fixed this, but you can't just buy the lense. It's all one piece. When replacing it I found it easier just to remove the rear rack and the cover right behind the seat.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Be carefull of the lenses on Ebay. The ones I saw were for the older model and will not work on the newer ones. On the 04 and 05 model the lense and back part are all one piece. You can't just buy the lense.

·
Registered
462 Posts
one on ebay right now,,,,,never mind went to get the auction #,and seen his crappy FB rating,and his feed back is private too

·
Registered
45 Posts
02 models are 1 piece also, i found out when the guy behind me didnt know how to use the brakes on his. (ok so he said he didnt know i was stopping but i have a light that comes on when i apply my brakes). i believe it ran about $20.00

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I have a little garden trailer that came with my riding lawn mower. I was using that to haul my portable generator around to do work on the farm. The generator worked its way to the back of the trailer and when I pulled the pin to take it off the Griz the back of the trailer went down and the tongue came up and just took out the tail light. The Griz was only a couple days old.
Whay does that kind of stuff happen when its new and then after you get a few scratches on it that kind of stuff hardley ever happens again?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is EXACTLY what happened to me, except I had a trailer loaded with some wood. I now have a 2" drop hitch on my grizzly wont happen again.

The only part of the tail light that broke was the bottom, so now it lights up my plate

I know eventually it will short out when water gets up in it, so when I find one on ebay will buy it, or if my dealer ever gets one in.

·
Registered
462 Posts
yea that riding too close will eventually catch up with you everytime,,,,i got a face full of cob web this summer,and while i was trying to get it out of my face everyone just stopped,,,,i ended up into the back of my freinds ole ladys brand new Scrambler,putting a small dent in the back bar (stock,part of the frame)

i felt horrible,,,she said not to worry about it,but i still felt pretty bad,,,,brand new and all (like a month old),,,,so i bought her a Desert Grab Bar that mounts to it,and fabricated a piece of aluminum angle bar to cover the dent,and match the grab bar,,,,,turned out sweet,and she was tickled to death

i now give the rider in front of me a good berth,,,and ive been riding since "Big Red" 3 wheelers were the bomb,,,,finally got me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts