Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

temp gauge

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  micmacman 
#1 ·
finally got around to installing the temp gauge,,,looks like my base line will be 178 degrees,and i flushed ,and replaced the coolant with blue ice,,,,i have to say,i noticed a differance in how it ran with the new coolant,seemed much smoother

#2 ·
anouther,,,toughest part was figuring how to mount it keeping it snug up under the handle bars

#3 ·
Thanks for the info Hoo, glad to hear it is running cooler...Irv

#4 ·
no problem Irv,,,im serious,that engine ice actually made the engine run smoother

first i popped both ends of both hoses loose draining the radiator,engine,and hoses,,,including the small hose on the bottom of the res

reattatched everything,removed the front rack,popped the hood,filled the radiator with water,,,,started the bike up,ran for a few,then completely drained the syatem again like i explained,and did it one more time

it doesnt quite take a half a gallon,but pretty close,and im pretty impressed with it,,,i wish i had thought to run the gauge with the old coolant to do a comparison,but i had just get it all done in one shot on the brain

#5 ·
It's amazing the differance the Engine Ice makes. Too bad you didn't get both readings, would have made a good argument for changing coolants.

#6 ·
i know Starky,,,the engine actually runs smoother,,,,,i wish i had thought to get a base line temp before i replaced the coolant,,,it never occured to me

its actually running closer to 170 degrees (atleast this weekend),,,it may have to do with the cold snap we have here now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.